Kusadasi recommendation for a family of 7

Hello,

We are a family of 7 (2 adults, 7 youngster aged 15 to 20) cruising in July - can't wait!!!

One of our port is Kusadasi.  I wanted to experience the hammam/turkish baths, heard it can be a lot of fun!  BUT - it seems Kusadasi is not the best place for this.  So, looking at other options, but not sure we want to do the ruins as we will only be there from 6:30am to 12:30pm.  Unless we can find a tour at a reasonable price...

Do you have any recommendation for me?  I'm open to any suggestion, even off the beaten paths!

Thanks in advance!

23 hours ago, Anita55 said:

Hello,

We are a family of 7 (2 adults, 7 youngster aged 15 to 20) cruising in July - can't wait!!!

One of our port is Kusadasi.  I wanted to experience the hammam/turkish baths, heard it can be a lot of fun!  BUT - it seems Kusadasi is not the best place for this.  So, looking at other options, but not sure we want to do the ruins as we will only be there from 6:30am to 12:30pm.  Unless we can find a tour at a reasonable price...

Do you have any recommendation for me?  I'm open to any suggestion, even off the beaten paths!

Thanks in advance!

If you change your mind and want to go to Ephesus (and do some other historic places) we would suggest simply booking a private tour (including van/driver/guide).  There are several excellent tour companies in Kusadasi (we have used EKOL with excellent results) that would work with you to design an itinerary that meets your wants.  Otherwise, with those lousy port hours, you can simply walk from the pier into the heart of town.  The part of Kusadasi that is within walking distance of the port has tons of shops (i.e. "Real Fake Watches") cafes,

restaurants, etc.  

Having cruised and traveled, all over the world, we consider the ruins at Ephesus among the most amazing places....anywhere!  If one is going to Kusadasi, for the first, time, I cannot imagine skipping those ruins.  If you do change your mind and go to Ephesus, make sure that your tour includes a visit to the Terrace Houses (an extra feature that is within the ruins)

Hank

Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2024 at 2:39 PM, Anita55 said:

but not sure we want to do the ruins

"the ruins" are the #1 reason your ship will port there and are generally acnowledged to be amongst the finest in the world. They are also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. And definitely do as suggested above and include the terrace houses.

The market in town sells many cheaply made counterfeit designer items of dubious quality which are of course illegal and may be confiscated on your return to your country..

Edited by edinburgher

7 hours ago, edinburgher said:

he market in town sells many cheaply made counterfeit designer items of dubious quality which are of course illegal

My apologies as this should have read

The market in town sells many cheaply made counterfeit designer items of dubious quality which are of course illegal IN MANY COUNTRIES

• 2 weeks later...