Anyone else notice the $5.00 increase on Shore Excursions?

Princess excursion pricing is somewhat dynamic.  You’re not likely to pay less than the excursion operator charges, but you will pay what demand dictates. I have watched prices go down as well as up.

If you are a gambler, you can always wait for the sheets that appear a day or two before you arrive in port.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Princess excursion pricing is somewhat dynamic.  You’re not likely to pay less than the excursion operator charges, but you will pay what demand dictates. I have watched prices go down as well as up.

If you are a gambler, you can always wait for the sheets that appear a day or two before you arrive in port.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They are usually excursions that are not selling and you would not have picked in advance.  If you wait there might not have any excursion left.

13 minutes ago, phabric said:

They are usually excursions that are not selling and you would not have picked in advance.  If you wait there might not have any excursion left.

Clearly demand fell short for these. But in some cases, they may have only been trying to fill the last 2 seats. Maybe somebody canceled at the last minute. I wouldn’t describe all of these as undesirable. And if they did sell out, there are plenty of operators located right at or outside the port. There are no guarantees about any of this stuff. There is some risk involved even when you select a 5 star excursion six months in advance. 

Edited by BamaVol

I booked two tickets for an excursion back in May for $179.95 each. This week I noticed the booking had disappeared and the excursion is now priced at $219.95 per person. When I called to query it they tried to tell me I had cancelled the booking. No I did not! I asked them to reinstate the booking at the original price. They said they would escalate it and get back to me. I don't like my chances.

5 hours ago, Kellyansapansa said:

I booked two tickets for an excursion back in May for $179.95 each. This week I noticed the booking had disappeared and the excursion is now priced at $219.95 per person. When I called to query it they tried to tell me I had cancelled the booking. No I did not! I asked them to reinstate the booking at the original price. They said they would escalate it and get back to me. I don't like my chances.

That’s not good. It’s one thing to put prices up but completely another thing to force artificially raised prices on existing booked customers. 😩

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Morgans said:

An excursion that we booked in May (for September) is now showing as $15  pp less than we paid. 

Are you going to cancel and rebook? I did that a while ago during another sale but my $80 credit never showed up on my account or my credit card.

5 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Are you going to cancel and rebook? I did that a while ago during another sale but my $80 credit never showed up on my account or my credit card.

I think we will just leave it as it is - if it had been $115 then that would have been different ! Still niggling though !

• Like 1