Dream vs. Fantasy

We are trying to decide between a 5 night cruise on Disney Dream out of  Fort Lauderdale and Disney Fantasy out of Cape Canaveral.  I have a friend who cruised on Disney Dream earlier this year and she said the food was not up to par and the overall condition of the ship was lacking.  I would appreciate any opinions out there.

The Dream and Fantasy are essentially the same ship.  A few minor differences but nothing that would swing the decision one way or the other.  

Are both cruises the same length?  Do they hit the same ports?  How easy is it for you to get to the port?  What is the price difference?  That's what I'd base this decision on.  

• Like 1

I realize these are sister ships.  Length and ports are the same.  Ft. Lauderdale would be slightly easier.  I'm just looking for another opinion on cruise experience on each. 

I'd say that the cruise experience is essentially the same on either ship.  I'm Platinum on DCL and have sailed on all five of their ships.  Between the Dream & Fantasy, I've never noticed a difference is service, food, and general condition of the ship.  

The food and the service will depend more on the crew for a particular sailing than on the condition and characteristics of the ship. Since the crew rotate in and out, I wouldn't base a decision on an earlier experience.

The only significant difference I saw in the Dream and Fantasy on my cruises last year was that the adult entertainment area on the Fantasy is better themed than the corresponding area on the Dream. This had no significant impact on the actual activities offered in the lounges, though. 

If you are particularly concerned about condition, it may help to know that the Dream will be going into dry dock this fall. It is possible that there will be changes made to restaurants, and there will be a general tidying of the ship. If you're looking at cruises in October or later, that might swing you to the Dream.

• Like 1