Royal Clipper July 30

I sail in August (first time with them), and everything I've read says the paperwork comes days (not even weeks) before sailing - My only concern about that is I'll be traveling before and I hope I won't need to have access to a printer or that I need something I won't be home to get. It makes me anxious.

• Like 1

Yes, this is our first Star Clippers cruise, and I’m a little nervous. I can’t even find in writing what time we need to be at the ship for the first day! I’m probably worrying too much, as usual. 

On 6/20/2024 at 7:51 AM, SiestaKeyCruiser said:

I can’t even find in writing what time we need to be at the ship for the first day

Obviously you and I are traveling on different ships, but I did write to them and asked specifically about embarkation and debarkation time as well as which pier we are sailing out and in to. They wrote back in a timely fashion (info@starclippers.com) - in my instance they wrote: EMBARKATION Begins at 4:00 p.m., and all guests must be onboard by 9:00 p.m., the ship sails at 10:00 p.m. DEBARKATION Begins at 7:30 a.m., and all flights must be after 12 p.m. very important - AM flight are not advised -

So at least I know someone is monitoring their e-mail. It changed my travel plans though for the embarkation day.

You and I sound similar. I like to plan and I like to know things. This is also my first sailing with them, and I do find they do things a bit differently than I'm used to. Drop them an e-mail, maybe you'll get a bit of information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SiestaKeyCruiser said:

Thanks, Tea4ular, I’ll try that! We arrive in Rome the day before the cruise, so if it’s a 4:00, we’re good!

We ARE alike, I actually set up my travel to arrive 2 days before i set sail in case there were any delays, plus I want to see the Parthenon! Happy sailing SKCruiser!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't need any printed paperwork to board so you don't need to worry about not having a printer. IIRC, I didn't need any electronic paperwork either. Just my passport. I think this is pretty typical of small ship lines.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, tea4ular said:

@SiestaKeyCruiser - I'd be grateful if you'd slip back in here to share the process of when/how you get/got any paperwork before your sailing. Meanwhile here's to a lovely trip for you!

I emailed Star Clippers with my questions (I’d used a travel agent to book originally). The next day, I received a phone call from Star Clippers in Miami. The very lovely woman answered all of my questions and also told me that they had sent our paperwork to the travel agent. She immediately forwarded that to me. I printed out the first two pages, one of which is a boarding pass. I honestly believed that we won’t need it because odd the size of the ship and the number is passengers. But I didn’t want to  take any chances, and now I feel much better. 
Good luck!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SiestaKeyCruiser said:

they had sent our paperwork to the travel agent.

Oh! I also used a travel agent - I'll touch base with them.

14 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

I didn't need any printed paperwork to board so you don't need to worry about not having a printer. IIRC, I didn't need any electronic paperwork either. Just my passport. I think this is pretty typical of small ship lines.

That's good to know, too.

Thank you both for sharing your experiences!