Welcome Aboard Offer for new to Crystal with bonus offer of free laundry

Stickman1990

We have found the pressing and cleaning services on Crystal to be fine but these ‘ free laundry’ offers feel a bit deceptive when you learn that it is one bag every 7-8 days. We have experienced included laundry on SS and Regent and feel that Crystal is not exactly in the competition…limited, longer turn around and frequently sends an item back a day later to have you sign off regarding a (not significant)spot.

• Like 2

Marketing programs come in all different forms and shapes.

Some drive more people to book than others such as a suite upgrade.

Some have more perceived value than others but that may vary by person.

My own experience is that guest laundry facilities on each Crystal vessel (and the same was true for former vessels such as Mozart and Endeavor were/are superior over other ships/lines we have sailed in their size, and number.  We sailed some lines where the machines were very small or there were very few or their location was terrible.  And we sailed lines with no guest laundry.

I find doing wash on Crystal to be very easy and easier these days with a passenger capacity which is significantly less than what the two vessels were sized to carry.  

For some this promotion will be a nice added benefit and a bag will work for those who don't need everything washed.  

Our experience with sending items out for pressing and for dry cleaning is that the turn-around is consistently on time and the quality is superb and unlike home we don't have to drive to the dry cleaner for drop off and pick up.  😀

Full disclosure  Often we get wash included based on the category of suite we book and maybe over the course of a few years we had a handful of items washed. By and large we want to wash the clothes ourselves so for us this promotion would not be a benefit but like I said not every promotion is seen as a benefit by each person.  The same goes true for pretty much each and every marketing promotion I can think of on land and at sea.

I think it is good that Crystal has tries a range of promotions; some for first times including the referral program which benefits both first timer and sponsor, this program, the program for those of us who had money owed to us, and the two suite upgrade programs. Again, some are attractive for people while others are not and some are viewed as value and some are not.  

Welcome to Marketing 101.

Keith

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Marketing programs come in all different forms and shapes.

Some drive more people to book than others such as a suite upgrade.

Some have more perceived value than others but that may vary by person.

My own experience is that guest laundry facilities on each Crystal vessel (and the same was true for former vessels such as Mozart and Endeavor were/are superior over other ships/lines we have sailed in their size, and number.  We sailed some lines where the machines were very small or there were very few or their location was terrible.  And we sailed lines with no guest laundry.

I find doing wash on Crystal to be very easy and easier these days with a passenger capacity which is significantly less than what the two vessels were sized to carry.  

For some this promotion will be a nice added benefit and a bag will work for those who don't need everything washed.  

Our experience with sending items out for pressing and for dry cleaning is that the turn-around is consistently on time and the quality is superb and unlike home we don't have to drive to the dry cleaner for drop off and pick up.  😀

Full disclosure  Often we get wash included based on the category of suite we book and maybe over the course of a few years we had a handful of items washed. By and large we want to wash the clothes ourselves so for us this promotion would not be a benefit but like I said not every promotion is seen as a benefit by each person.  The same goes true for pretty much each and every marketing promotion I can think of on land and at sea.

I think it is good that Crystal has tries a range of promotions; some for first times including the referral program which benefits both first timer and sponsor, this program, the program for those of us who had money owed to us, and the two suite upgrade programs. Again, some are attractive for people while others are not and some are viewed as value and some are not.  

Welcome to Marketing 101.

Keith

I can't see that 1 bag of laundry, will get the hordes beating a path to their booking agent 🙂

Not material, but it certainly wasn't the incentive to get us to book, just thought it was a little stingy

Edited by Downunder55
  • Like 2

Just now, Downunder55 said:

I can't see that 1 bag of laundry, will the the hordes beating a path to their booking agent 🙂

I agree.

I view it as a benefit that some will see.

When I book some hotels we get a benefit of $100.00 credit towards food or for most things in the hotel. I don't beat the door down to book nor do I think others do. It's just a nice benefit for some. Some might not even use or need it depending on category of room booked or what is offered.

On the other hand there are some incentives where people will be more included to book.

This is all part of marketing IMHO.

Keith