Gift Card question

Posted (edited)

I apologize if this has been answered but I couldn't find it.  I have a $500 gift card but only owe $322.  Can I use it and apply the difference onboard or towards specialty restaurants pre-cruise? If you are sharing a cabin and each want to pay for your portion of the drink package separately, can that be done online or do you need to call?

Edited by wardwhitty

1 minute ago, wardwhitty said:

I apologize if this has been answered but I couldn't find it.  I have a $500 gift card but only owe $322.  Can I use it and apply the difference onboard or towards specialty restaurants pre-cruise? 

Yes

32 minutes ago, wardwhitty said:

Can you do that online or do you have to call?

If it's the steakhouse you can reserve and pay online.  Pretty sure all other specialty restaurants are reserved and paid for onboard.  You can go to guest services with the gift card or you can use one of the Sail and Sign kiosks to put the gift card balance on your account.

56 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

If it's the steakhouse you can reserve and pay online.  Pretty sure all other specialty restaurants are reserved and paid for onboard.  You can go to guest services with the gift card or you can use one of the Sail and Sign kiosks to put the gift card balance on your account.

You can also reserve and pay online in advance for other specialty restaurants (Teppanyaki, Rudi's, JiJi, etc.). Walk up places like Emeril's are not booked in advance.

My sister has to make final payment today and the AARP site is down so she is unable to purchase Carnival gift cards.  I know that in the past I have seen other people say they buy their cards from State Farm.  I have only used AARP so I don't have the State Farm info.  She has State Farm insurance so am guessing she would be able buy the cards  on their site.  So I am hoping that someone here might have that info or site address.  Thanks

3 hours ago, luvs2beachit said:

My sister has to make final payment today and the AARP site is down so she is unable to purchase Carnival gift cards.  I know that in the past I have seen other people say they buy their cards from State Farm.  I have only used AARP so I don't have the State Farm info.  She has State Farm insurance so am guessing she would be able buy the cards  on their site.  So I am hoping that someone here might have that info or site address.  Thanks

AARP site is working for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

9 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

Thank you.  About 10 minutes after I posted she texted and said she was able to access.