VISA FOR INDONESIA

harbourside

I am in New Zealand, so presume it would be the same for Australians.  My cruise has a stop in Komodo and Bali.  (32 day Circumnavigation). Sydney to Sydney.

Can we get Visa on Arrival in port, or would Viking not allow us on board in Sydney without a visa. 

I thought this visa for Australians and New Zealanders was to be suspended.   Obviously has not happened.

8 hours ago, harbourside said:

Can we get Visa on Arrival in port, or would Viking not allow us on board in Sydney without a visa. 

This is a question that you should be asking of Viking's Australia office directly, to make sure that you have the correct answer -- and make sure that you get it in writing.

Even then, regardless of what answer you get from the Viking's Australia office, I would suggest that you take the conservative approach to planning and make sure that you have all the documents you will need prior to boarding the ship in Sydney. Better safe than sorry; it is a lot of money to invest and then be denied boarding -- and it is a mistake not covered by trip insurance.

10 hours ago, harbourside said:

I am in New Zealand, so presume it would be the same for Australians.  My cruise has a stop in Komodo and Bali.  (32 day Circumnavigation). Sydney to Sydney.

I thought this visa for Australians and New Zealanders was to be suspended.   Obviously has not happened.

We had no trouble at the check in desk at Sydney port.  Not an issue at all.

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

This is a question that you should be asking of Viking's Australia office directly, to make sure that you have the correct answer -- and make sure that you get it in writing.

Even then, regardless of what answer you get from the Viking's Australia office, I would suggest that you take the conservative approach to planning and make sure that you have all the documents you will need prior to boarding the ship in Sydney. Better safe than sorry; it is a lot of money to invest and then be denied boarding -- and it is a mistake not covered by trip insurance.

The Sydney office was no help at all!  We joined in Sydney in Feb.  did all of SE Asia.  The crew at embarkation, and once on board, were extremely helpful.  There was no problem having them apply for visas for us.