Balcony can only be used in ports

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

This sign was to the right of the sliding door in cabin M108 on both the Majestic and Regal.  We will be in a front facing mini suite next door in a couple of weeks on the Discovery and will see if there is any signage.  And no, we weren't restricted from going out on the balcony at any time as the door was open. But there were plenty of times that we didn't want to be out there!

image.png.48e7745c1c9c68a978624a82dcd72e49.png

This is quite a different situation. I have been on ships with a bad design that had a hallway door that when you opened it while the ship was underway and created a huge wind tunnel. Most ships wisely put such doors perpendicular to the bow to prevent this. I would have no issue at all with this sign here.

Edited by Tinknock50

10 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

We are currently in M103 on Sky Princess and those stickers are no longer on the door. We LOVE these forward facing cabins - truly just great. Having this cabin for viewing as we have just cruised through the Norwegian fjords has been such a gift. There has only been a couple of days where the weather was stormy that the balcony wasn’t usable, and even on those days we could still go out on the balcony, it just wasn’t too comfortable to stay out there. 

But we have literally used our balcony every single day - no worries about open doors or lights or curtains. We have been, after all for a few days in the land of 24 hour sunlight. We have had these forward facing cabins on Lido and Marina several times over the past few years and enjoyed them fully each time. 

We did the balcony dinner last night as we cruised the fjord out of Olden  It was spectacular! 

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1083.jpeg

Wow that looks wonderful!

But I am confused. You said those stickers are no longer on the door, but then you show one there. Or are referring to the actual message being different?

I am planning on having a continental breakfast every morning inside my forward facing cabin next year. It would be annoying to me to have that sign on the glass blocking the view. I hope someone on Cruise Critic can share their experience with the forward facing Cat 5 cabins Baja on Ba on Sapphire. They would know if the sign is still there.

My last three cruises were all Outside cabins facing front. This will be the first with the balcony.

7 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

Wow that looks wonderful!

But I am confused. You said those stickers are no longer on the door, but then you show one there. Or are referring to the actual message being different?

I am planning on having a continental breakfast every morning inside my forward facing cabin next year. It would be annoying to me to have that sign on the glass blocking the view. I hope someone on Cruise Critic can share their experience with the forward facing Cat 5 cabins Baja on Ba on Sapphire. They would know if the sign is still there.

My last three cruises were all Outside cabins facing front. This will be the first with the balcony.

My comment was referencing that the sticker on the door, at least in Sky Princess, no longer has the former statement. The message has changed. There is still the sticker on the door that I show in the photo. It’s small and doesn’t really impede the view. We keep our door open most of the time. 

• Like 1