Bus to horseshoe bay

catspaw1

Where does the bus leave to horseshoe Bay? I realize there are shuttle vans now but if the bus leaves the times we want to go, we had no problem with the bus. Walking down the hill to the beach was not a big deal. Is it a $5 fare or $2.75 as the bus schedule indicates it's by zone. There was no shuttle vans the last time we went. I know it takes coins only or tokens but the line to buy tokens is long. We leave in less than 2 weeks. Is there any advantage to the shuttle vs the vans? Can you bring several bags on the van ex cooler & beach bag? Thanks

32 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Where does the bus leave to horseshoe Bay? I realize there are shuttle vans now but if the bus leaves the times we want to go, we had no problem with the bus. Walking down the hill to the beach was not a big deal. Is it a $5 fare or $2.75 as the bus schedule indicates it's by zone. There was no shuttle vans the last time we went. I know it takes coins only or tokens but the line to buy tokens is long. We leave in less than 2 weeks. Is there any advantage to the shuttle vs the vans? Can you bring several bags on the van ex cooler & beach bag? Thanks

Going down the hill is not a problem. It is going up.  The bus fare is $5 exact change to Horseshoe Bay as the fare is 14 zone to Horseshoe. However depending on when you will be there a digital fare app coming, Shorelink. Right now projected July 8 so it might be available for you. The drivers are currently undergoing training on the app.  The bus stop is across from the entrance to Clocktower Mall. You would need to take the #7. As for a bag on the shuttles I always have a beach bag. I don’t if there is space for a cooler. 

Thanks Charles, I was hoping you would answer. We have done the uphill walk before. Yes it's steep but not outrageously hard. We sailed our own boat to Bermuda 24 years ago & have taken a cruise there before so got to know the island. Love Bermuda! That's why we are returning. We may take the shuttle back. I'll bring enough quarters for the bus. We leave July 7 so probably not good to get the new app. Looking forward to returning.  I travel with my helinox chair, cooler  & beach bag. Chair is 2 lbs & goes in my beach bag. The bus is easy but before the shuttles, were packed. Will they be crowded now that the shuttles are being used?

I never took a bus after they started the shuttles so I don’t know how crowded they are now. It would be up to the driver whether to let you bring all that stuff. The shuttles are convenient, right off the dock. They are packed though. 24 years ago I easily walked up the hill but not sure about now. 😀 The last few years we don’t take a shuttle or bus, we take a taxi. 

We don't have a lot of stuff- just normal beach things. I am not bringing my normal beach chair which definitely would be to big. The helinox chair one is 2lbs & fits in my backpack.  I also bring a cooler. So I don't think 2 bags is too much.

50 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

We don't have a lot of stuff- just normal beach things. I am not bringing my normal beach chair which definitely would be to big. The helinox chair one is 2lbs & fits in my backpack.  I also bring a cooler. So I don't think 2 bags is too much.

I would take the $7 per ride shuttles. 

Just now, Charles4515 said:

I would take the $7 per ride shuttles. 

Thanks for your fast reply Charles! Do you know if the snorkeling is any good near the 2 shipwrecks the constellation & Montana? Equivalent to tobacco bay? We leave sunday.

5 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Thanks for your fast reply Charles! Do you know if the snorkeling is any good near the 2 shipwrecks the constellation & Montana? Equivalent to tobacco bay? We leave sunday.

The shipwrecks are together. I liked them because I am interested  in archeology and history. Some thing different than Tobacco Bay. I actually liked it more than Tobacco Bay because they have all kinds of crap water toys now at Tobacco Bay. I didn't do it through the cruise line but likely the independent tours use the same excursion companies. If you have OBC that would be a good way to use it in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The shipwrecks are together. I liked them because I am interested  in archeology and history. Some thing different than Tobacco Bay. I actually liked it more than Tobacco Bay because they have all kinds of crap water toys now at Tobacco Bay. I didn't do it through the cruise line but likely the independent tours use the same excursion companies. If you have OBC that would be a good way to use it in my opinion. 

Thanks Charles. I wasn't aware of the water toys in tobacco bay now & will hate that. We sailed our own boat to Bermuda 24 years ago & loved the island. It was November so water was  cold- not swimming weather.  But I went over to it everyday for 2 weeks when we returned in January to continue to sail the boat south. We also went on a cruise to Bermuda before. It was different in the off season. When locals found out we had sailed there, the red carpet came out. It's not an easy sail from the east coast of the US.