LAX to San Pedro

DougH

What is the best / cheapest way to get to a hotel in San Pedro before a cruise the next day? Traveling alone if that matters. In the past I have stayed near LAX and gone back to the airport he next day for the Princess shuttle to the pier. Any hotel suggestions near the port?

9 hours ago, DougH said:

What is the best / cheapest way to get to a hotel in San Pedro before a cruise the next day? Traveling alone if that matters. In the past I have stayed near LAX and gone back to the airport he next day for the Princess shuttle to the pier. Any hotel suggestions near the port?

9 hours ago, DougH said:

try looking into hotels inn Long Beach.  LB is just across the harbor from San Pedro.  There used to be a small city bus that picked up in Long Beach and dropped off across from the San Pedro Cruise Terminal.  But the best way to get anywhere is usually a ride share. UNLESS you go back to Union Station in Downtown, then get a bus that takes you to San Pedro, or take the train from DTLA to Long Beach.

12 hours ago, DougH said:

"Best and cheapest" are incompatible requirements. 

The most common recommendation would be Uber from LAX to San Pedro. It is a reasonable compromise for "best and cheapest".

There are only two hotels you should consider in San Pedro, the Doubletree by Hilton and the Crowne Plaza.

On 6/29/2024 at 2:37 PM, NWA395 said:

Current Uber prices range about $50.00 +/-

Uber X is $35 to 60, depending on the time of day, day of week. I just got a quote for $42 on Sunday, 3PM, LAX to 100 Swinford, San Pedro.

Uber is the most cost effective. There are cheaper ways, but do you want a 35 minute ride or a 2 hour, public transportation solution, with three different transfers (at least 3).