RC vs Carnival

Hi! Thinking of booking a cruise for 7 nights out of Los Angeles. Our options are RC Navigator and Carnival Firenze. We've been on the Navigator and had a great time but I'm wondering if we are missing out on anything by not going with Carnival. We are 2 adults, a 10 year old and an 8 year old. Any advice is appreciated. 

Go over to the Carnival board here and ask about Firenze.  She just came over to Carnival from Costa and I don’t know if she has all the kids facilities…slides…that are on Carnival ships.  EM

On 6/29/2024 at 10:15 AM, Essiesmom said:

Go over to the Carnival board here and ask about Firenze.  She just came over to Carnival from Costa and I don’t know if she has all the kids facilities…slides…that are on Carnival ships.  EM

Firenze does have the kids facilities, the kids club, slides, pool, etc... We are actually booked on her for Christmas with our 13yo and 16yo.

We have only done Carnival with the kids, but we have sailed Royal without them. In my experience, the lines are similar. We have personally found the stage shows better on Royal, but the food, and other entertainment better on Carnival. My kids do not like the the kids club, but love the water slides and all of the Fun Squad activities (games like giant Jenga, etc...).

Just my two cents and experience.