Bucket of beer at HMC

Hopefully someone has the specific answer to this question.  We are headed to Half Moon Cay in Oct on Venezia.  We will Cheers.  We already know that Cheers DOES NOT apply at HMC.  I also believe (this I don't know for sure) that any drinks we do purchase while on HMC do count towards our daily 15 drink limit.  My question is that I know normally I cannot buy a bucket of beer while onboard the ship while I have Cheers, is it possible to buy one on HMC while having Cheers?  Once I again I know that Cheers does not apply and I'll be out of pocket any drinks on HMC.  If the answer is yes I can buy a bucket of beer on HMC while I have cheers, how many would it count towards my daily 15?  Not trying to game the system, just a legit question that for us grabbing a bucket of beer and lounging on HMC sounds like a good time.  Anyone have any specifics on this situation?

From the carnival website...

• A maximum of 15 alcoholic drinks can be purchased in a period of 24 hours (6 am - 6 pm)
  • The package is only applicable on board - not applicable to beverage orders on Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays, Bahamas

https://www.carnivalcruiseline.de/en/vacation-carnival/food-and-beverages/beverage-packages#:~:text=A maximum of 15 alcoholic,Cay and Princess Cays%2C Bahamas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I swear I had read somewhere that drinks bought on HMC did contribute towards the 15 daily limit though.  As I had mentioned I know the Cheers package DOES NOT apply on these islands as far as pricing goes.

Edited by edrussell

Pretty sure (although ive been knownt to be wrong) ive read on here that you can buy a bucket of beer onboard too even if you have cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Pretty sure (although ive been knownt to be wrong) ive read on here that you can buy a bucket of beer onboard too even if you have cheers.

YMMV on that, by the letter of the rules you cannot, but some have reported success on that front.

No buying any alcohol at HMC does not count toward your 15 on Cheers. And yes you should be able to buy a bucket of beer onboard & it won't count toward your 15 ct either. Unless something has recently changed

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, edrussell said:

YMMV on that, by the letter of the rules you cannot, but some have reported success on that front.

You may still purchase buckets of beer, they just are not included in the price of Cheers. And they don't count against the 15. You are able to purchase anything that isn't covered in the price of Cheers, actually. (And if you buy something in a souvenir glass Cheers covers the contents but not the glass.)

• Like 1