Porto tuk tuk

On 7/2/2024 at 1:46 PM, tfg said:

Or is Lisbon better?

We had a fantastic tuk tuk tour in Lisbon from the company I Took a Tuk Tuk (all their seats face forward).

We did the 4 hour tour which was a wonderful overview of the various districts of Lisbon with some stops along the way.   

While in Porto we wandered the Porto area and also took a full day tour of the Duoro Valley with wine tasting and lunch through The Cool Guys Tours.  Another terrific day.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 2:44 PM, tfg said:

are there tuk tuks by the port entrance and are they worth using please

The port is not actually in Porto itself, but several miles away at Leixoes (sp?) and there is really nothing of interest there so a tour of any description would be a waste of time and money, although that is only my personal thought and others might disagree..

Most passengers will travel into Porto by either taxi, public bus or the very easy to use trams.

If you have not already searched for and read some past threads for info and suggestions, choose from these

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=porto&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

Edited by edinburgher

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tfg said:

Is there a beach nearby 

There may (or may not) be a beach somewhere nearby, I honestly have no idea although others may know, but as  the port is one of the largest seaports  in the whole of Portugal, views may not be the prettiest. And you would need to check if any beach offers services such as chairs, umbrellas etc, or if you need to bring your towels from the ship to lay on the sand.

Try googling for the info, as few if any cruise pax will stay in Leixoes itself as Porto itself has much to offer, including a historic area, the amazing Luis 1 bridge from which there are incredible views, and a beautifully tiled train station building.

The most attractive area is Vila Nova da Gaia alongside the river and next to a number of port houses where you can tour and taste. And boat trips too. You can take the tram from close to where you will dock  to both the Historic and Vila Nova da Gaia areas.

Info and images of Porto can be found online, and past threads could also help you decide. the usual Tripadvisor, youTube, Frommer's, Fodor, Rick Steves and many others.

Choose which to read from these, which I already gave you in my earlier post.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=porto&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tfg said:

Is there a beach nearby 

There is a long beach close to the port at Leixoes. We past by it while on a coach early in the morning - the weather wasn't great so didn't see anyone on the beach.

• Like 1