No Princess Premium package available for booking...

Back in May,  on board of Sun Princess,  we booked a cruise on Star Princess from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale for next year. Price was great and included PP. Now, our friends want to join us and there is only Princess Plus is available. Does anyone know why this is a case?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, ISABELLA said:

Back in May,  on board of Sun Princess,  we booked a cruise on Star Princess from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale for next year. Price was great and included PP. Now, our friends want to join us and there is only Princess Plus is available. Does anyone know why this is a case?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

The packages are limited in amounts. If everyone booked premier they would not be able to accommodate the specialty dinners 

Is it actually not available or is it just not showing online/app - lots of pricing glitches due to the updates, so not sure if it's a glitch or actually unavailable? Did you check with a TA or CVP?

7 hours ago, memoak said:

The packages are limited in amounts. If everyone booked premier they would not be able to accommodate the specialty dinners 

Based on OP,s start and finish, their cruise should be on Oct/Nov of 2025. As that would be over a year our and that seems a little early for a package to be sold out. That said, remember on Star and Sun, all suite guests now get the Premier Package built in to their cruise fare. If what @memoak said abive is true (and I have no reason to doubt them), this would also limit the number of Premiere packages available to sell to non suite guests.

Of course, I was looking at a full suite on Enchanted for Nov 2025 and the only option was plus (kind of blows my theory, LOL) so I lean toward glitch.

Is the category an inside?

I have a S9 and I can book it for Nov in Star.  I booked before the packages were included.

Premier packages have not been available for booking on any cruises I have looked at for the past 10 days or so.  I am in NZ and had been wondering if it was my browser as had not read any reports from any other cruisers

7 hours ago, J13C85 said:

Based on OP,s start and finish, their cruise should be on Oct/Nov of 2025. As that would be over a year our and that seems a little early for a package to be sold out. That said, remember on Star and Sun, all suite guests now get the Premier Package built in to their cruise fare. If what @memoak said abive is true (and I have no reason to doubt them), this would also limit the number of Premiere packages available to sell to non suite guests.

Of course, I was looking at a full suite on Enchanted for Nov 2025 and the only option was plus (kind of blows my theory, LOL) so I lean toward glitch.

Given how undersold the OP’s sailing is at the moment, and how far out it is, I doubt the Premier package is sold out. This cruise was originally 16 days from Southampton and is now 14 days out of Barcelona. Many people have canceled over the last couple of months.

• Like 1

I'm looking at a cruise for a family group next year.

I noticed that if I mock-book with 4 people I see the option of both Plus and Premier.

If I mock-book with 2 people I only see Plus.

Pretty sure it's a bug.

Either call Princess or book without it and add it after you book.

• Like 1

I noticed this bug back in May. Some, but not all itineraries were impacted then. Princess did fix the bug before end of May. Appears that the bug has been reintroduced. If you're on Twitter (aka X), post a Tweet to @PrincessCruises with the problem. It's about the only method I'm aware of to let them know about bugs and other issues. 

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I'm looking at a cruise for a family group next year.

I noticed that if I mock-book with 4 people I see the option of both Plus and Premier.

If I mock-book with 2 people I only see Plus.

Pretty sure it's a bug.

Either call Princess or book without it and add it after you book.

Out of curiosity , I tried to add it to an existing booking that I have without a package. That too only shows Plus available