Daylight Hours??

Perseids

We are going on a 7-day Northbound on Carnival Spirit leaving on May 31st. I am curious about the amount of daylight hours we can expect. Also planning on using Orca Enterprises for a whale watching tour in Juneau. Can we expect to see whales at that time of year?

Hello Perseids:

According to the site I've linked below, you should have about four hours of darkness, two hours of twilight, and the rest of the time daylight during any 24-hour period at the time of your cruise. That's 18 hours of light per day!

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html

I can't definitively answer your second question about whales, having never been to Alaska myself, but from all accounts on this board, and according to Orca Enterprises' own website, whale sightings are almost certain during the period you will be visiting. I'm sure folks with more actual experience will be checking in with answers here shortly. Have a great cruise!

That's a great link. It works for any city, any day. Now I know what's up when I go to Alaska.

I'm glad you found the link helpful; I think it's pretty neat. Another poster here on this board first brought it to my attention. There's so much terrific information to be found here!:)

Archived