Twin Toddlers- 2 Pack n Plays in Oasis Class rooms?

Hi there! looking into cruising the Utopia with my twin toddlers. Has anyone traveled on Oasis class ships and fit 2 pack n plays in a standard balcony room? We can't afford a suite so I am curious if there is space in normal rooms. 

I would look into a ov which will have more floor space, or a spacious balcony or even one of those cabins at the front with the big windows. Imo 2 would not allow walking space even if you could squash them in there. I'd consider a cabin with more floor space.

How old? Toddler can be a wide age range. If closer to 3 at time of sailing you might find you don't need the pack n plays and they can share the pullout sofa. 2 fit 2 pack and plays is going to be tight but thinking of our rooms, it could be done in an OV balcony but you would want the one with the bed near the bathroom not balcony as there will be no space to walk but that would also mean no balcony use while their beds are setup. It will definitely be tight. There might be other rooms with the same floor space/setup that are less costly.

• Like 1

You may want to look at inflatable bed rails to use on the pullout sofa.  They worked well for us when our grandchildren were young.  

20 hours ago, scubaslayer said:

How old? Toddler can be a wide age range. If closer to 3 at time of sailing you might find you don't need the pack n plays and they can share the pullout sofa. 2 fit 2 pack and plays is going to be tight but thinking of our rooms, it could be done in an OV balcony but you would want the one with the bed near the bathroom not balcony as there will be no space to walk but that would also mean no balcony use while their beds are setup. It will definitely be tight. There might be other rooms with the same floor space/setup that are less costly.

I am fairly certain that Royal will not provide 2 pack n plays for the room.  There is just not the space in any of the standard quad cabins.  You would need to get one of the Ultra spacious cabins that are available in insides, OV and balconies.  Those can sleep up to 6.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 5:29 AM, firefly333 said:

I would look into a ov which will have more floor space, or a spacious balcony or even one of those cabins at the front with the big windows. Imo 2 would not allow walking space even if you could squash them in there. I'd consider a cabin with more floor space.

Are you sure an Oceanview has more floor space?  

A Spacious Balcony gives you a larger balcony -- zero extra cabin space.  

21 hours ago, scubaslayer said:

Yes, if they're older toddlers, sharing the pull-out sofa could be a better choice -- put their heads at opposite ends of the sofa.  Ask your cabin steward for extra towels /blankets and "roll them up" to create bumps so the kids won't roll off.  

Yeah, I think the OP knows it'll be tight.  

Other thoughts: 

- Even though it's a pain, I'd plan to pack the PnPs up during the day.  Do they still nap during the day?  If so, I'd let them nap in the parents' bed.

- Consider that closet /storage space in a regular quad room is quite comfortable for two people, but you're going to have two PnPs, probably a stroller, definitely lots of clothes since toddlers make messes -- consider storing these things under the bed.  

- A real out-of-the-box thought:  Choose a room with pullman beds (upper bunks, which pull out of the ceiling) ... split the bed and put the kids in those floor-beds, while the parents sleep in the upper bunks.  Not saying I love it, but it'd work.

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 1:23 PM, barbiecruiser27 said:

Hi there! looking into cruising the Utopia with my twin toddlers. Has anyone traveled on Oasis class ships and fit 2 pack n plays in a standard balcony room? We can't afford a suite so I am curious if there is space in normal rooms. 

check out categories 1A, 1K and 1R on Oasis class. Lots of floorspace and they’re not suites.

Regular rooms won’t work. A long time ago we had a pack n play and the sofa bed in use and it was crazy. I don’t even think we could the carpet it was that cluttered. 

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

A Spacious Balcony gives you a larger balcony -- zero extra cabin space.  

Actually, Firefly was correct.  A Spacious balcony is larger than a regular balcony which is a "B" category.  You are thinking of the "C" category which is the Oceanview stateroom with the large balcony.   What Firefly may not have realized is that there are no spacious balconies on Oasis class.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am fairly certain that Royal will not provide 2 pack n plays for the room.  There is just not the space in any of the standard quad cabins.  You would need to get one of the Ultra spacious cabins that are available in insides, OV and balconies.  Those can sleep up to 6.

I don't think Royal will provide 2 but if the couch is in and they are the smaller ones, 2 could be squeezed in. I personally wouldn't want to do it but it might technically work. My thought would be look at a Jr suite or the ultra spacious rooms but they were talking about cost being an issue. I think pricing several types of rooms would be best to decide and also considering if they might be old enough by sailing for the pull out. They could also consider the plastic play gates and putting an air mattress/pallet down and kids sleep together on the floor.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I found some pics in a mom group where 2 pack n plays can fit in an OV balcony room! We know it will be tight. We recently had to put one pack n play in a closet sticking out and had to roll across the bed to get in(land vacation). Twin problems, were used to it. The girls will be 18 months so pack n play will be a must, wish we could do the sofa sleeper 😞 

Im local so we will 100% pack our own 

• Like 2