Live From Discovery Princess - Alaska w/ Glacier Bay - 7/6/24 to 7/13/24

24 minutes ago, RDJ said:

Thank you for this detailed review, we are sailing this itinerary/ship next month. Do you recall any themed nights such as the white and gold party, 80’s night, country night, etc?

They had an 80s night party the night we sailed into Glacier Bay. Other than that, I’m not sure. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2024 at 8:26 AM, BeforeSunsetLemonade said:

DUCKS!

When we got to our room, we were greeted by a duck placed at the entrance of our door. On the bottom was drawn the state of Idaho. This morning, when we awoke, we found another duck, though this time it was on our balcony. It’s been fun finding these ducks, as we’ve never found any on our previous cruises. We suspect that they are from the room next door. IMG_2234.thumb.jpeg.85518c89eeae9cd50d1c354917b6af45.jpegIMG_2235.thumb.jpeg.d3d52e77c14545a44f532b984fd963db.jpegIMG_2236.thumb.jpeg.0a0414edc198f528b3edff1e9e116685.jpeg

RANDOM ROOM THOUGHTS

Having an art facing room is wonderful. It’s so peaceful to just watch the wake and hear the constant churning of the water. Also, because our room is extra deep and partially covered, there is virtually no wind back here, making it pleasant to sit. 

IMG_2237.thumb.jpeg.f468e631945b3c30c48961f37dd233b9.jpeg

ROOM PHONE

On our room phone, the light to show that one has a message kept blinking, so we called guest services and they walked us through how to clear the light. We just had to simply unplug and replug the phone and the phone would reset. 

INTERNET

The internet is ok. Sometimes slow. IMG_2231.thumb.jpeg.e7e3168c53ea8ca86c7b9181d5fb40af.jpeg

BREAKFAST ROOM SERVICE

We ordered breakfast to be delivered from 6:30 to 7:00 and at 5:50, we had a knock on the door with our food. It was actually perfect since we had been up since 5:00. Having our own creamer made it extra special morning. IMG_2238.thumb.jpeg.60e50442214fe1d673d4abbaa8d563c7.jpegIMG_2239.thumb.jpeg.ff7744f2f50009b1058c22c9f8280663.jpeg

So with that…

Till we wave 🌊 again.

A few cruises under my belt now, and I never thought to try to bring my own creamer. Love this tip, thank you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rustysunshine said:

A few cruises under my belt now, and I never thought to try to bring my own creamer. Love this tip, thank you!

Thanks! It made a world of difference!

We also brought our own tumbler to keep the hot drink hot for longer. This was particularly helpful when we were sitting outside in the colder temperatures. Plus, we find it nicer to drink out of real cups, rather than the paper ones you would get at the International Cafe.

In the morning, we would put creamer into the tumbler, bring that down to the International Cafe and they would fill it right up with the hot beverage. 

Additionally, we brought a little sponge and dish soap to wash the tumblers daily. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BeforeSunsetLemonade said:

Thanks! It made a world of difference!

We also brought our own tumbler to keep the hot drink hot for longer. This was particularly helpful when we were sitting outside in the colder temperatures. Plus, we find it nicer to drink out of real cups, rather than the paper ones you would get at the International Cafe.

In the morning, we would put creamer into the tumbler, bring that down to the International Cafe and they would fill it right up with the hot beverage. 

Additionally, we brought a little sponge and dish soap to wash the tumblers daily. 

My husband looked at me a little sideways when I bought two HydroFlask coffee mugs for cruise travel, but now agrees that it's absolutely wonderful to have a spill-proof drinking vessel that maintains your desired temperature. Having a hot Americano was a great way to start my Alaska cruise mornings 🙂

• Like 2