Remove person or have them No-Show

We taking family on a cruise in October and we paid cruise fare, port charges and taxes, and prepaid gratuities for everyone. Our nephew's girlfriend won't be able to go on the cruise (long story). Should I call to have her removed from the reservation so I can get port charges and taxes and her part of the gratuities credited back to my credit card? Final payment was made for all cabins last year, however, final payment date is later this month. It is a two person cabin. Would removing her trigger a reprice at today's fare (significantly higher)? 

Do nothing.  If the 2nd slot in nephew's cabin remains unfilled, fees and grats will be refunded.  RCI has had the money since last year, why not wait another 3 months?  Discretely (definitely DISCREETLY) find what your nephew's intentions are.  He may be planning on filling that cabin billet, and regards that empty side of the bed as "his".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robtx100 said:

We taking family on a cruise in October and we paid cruise fare, port charges and taxes, and prepaid gratuities for everyone. Our nephew's girlfriend won't be able to go on the cruise (long story). Should I call to have her removed from the reservation so I can get port charges and taxes and her part of the gratuities credited back to my credit card? Final payment was made for all cabins last year, however, final payment date is later this month. It is a two person cabin. Would removing her trigger a reprice at today's fare (significantly higher)? 

There are two different scenarios neither of which will result in a reprice.

Removing the second guest BEFORE final payment will allow the remaining person to get double C&A points

Removing the second guest AFTER final payment date will then have the first guest to receive only one point per night

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Removing the second guest AFTER final payment date will then have the first guest to receive only one point per night

This has not been my experience. Twice in the last three months I had to cancel the second person in my cabin less than a week before the cruise. For one cruise my girlfriend had a family emergency and the other cruise my friend tested positive for Covid. I received double points for both of these cruises (Allure and Freedom). 

33 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

This has not been my experience. Twice in the last three months I had to cancel the second person in my cabin less than a week before the cruise. For one cruise my girlfriend had a family emergency and the other cruise my friend tested positive for Covid. I received double points for both of these cruises (Allure and Freedom). 

Were you in a JS or higher?

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You were lucky and I will admit that Royal makes lots of mistakes but the reason that double points are not supposed to be awarded if you cancel after final payment is that the money for the second guest is actually held as a penalty and is not actually applidd to you so technically you did not pay the double cruise fare.

Glad it worked for you however it shouldn't have.