Outlets on the Jubilee Cabins

Posted (edited)

If more plugins are needed, what do you use? I think the surge protectors are not allowed. Same with extension cords. Will the cabin steward have an extension cord? CPAP, Smartwatch, hearing aids.

Edited by Softservekid1

This is according to the Carnival website:

"Power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, banned electrical devices or devices determined to pose a safety hazard, will be confiscated and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark."

So extension cords without surge protectors are allowed.

• Thanks 1

On the 5th floor midship interior, I had three power plugs and four USB at the desk. On the head wall of the bed, there is one USB on each side.

IMG_1460.jpeg

IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_1461.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ratbward said:

On the 5th floor midship interior, I had three power plugs and four USB at the desk. On the head wall of the bed, there is one USB on each side.

IMG_1460.jpeg

IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_1461.jpeg

Thanks so much. My room is on the 5th deck inside also. Was it noisy ? How was the temperature?

Edited by Softservekid1

1 hour ago, Softservekid1 said:

If more plugins are needed, what do you use? I think the surge protectors are not allowed. Same with extension cords. Will the cabin steward have an extension cord? CPAP, Smartwatch, hearing aids.

Smartwatches and hearing aids shouldn't be a problem charging using the USB ports on the bedside lights. If you don't want to run an extension cord across the room for the CPAP, there should be 220V 50Hz European outlets in the wall underneath the head end of the bed.  You will need to verify that your CPAP is dual voltage.  You can order some really cheep adapters from Amazon   

• Thanks 1

The was a very large 30+ family from babies to great-grandma in rooms all up and down the hallway in balcony and interior rooms. They were loud all hours of the day and night. Two of the women engaged in a fistfight in the hallway outside of my friend’s room, about ten rooms down from me. My original room had a mechanical rolling sound almost every morning starting around 2:00am that lasted for hours. Like a pipe rolling back and forth hitting walls on both sides. It could be heard over the white noise I was playing on my cell. The steward heard it and said the people in the cabin next to me heard it too. After multiple calls to GS, and a trip up there Thursday morning at 2am, they moved me to another room about four doors down. No noises there other than the loud family.

Temp in the room was comfortable, and I tend to run warm. I travel with a Venty fan and had no challenges with being hot.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Smartwatches and hearing aids shouldn't be a problem charging using the USB ports on the bedside lights. If you don't want to run an extension cord across the room for the CPAP, there should be 220V 50Hz European outlets in the wall underneath the head end of the bed.  You will need to verify that your CPAP is dual voltage.  You can order some really cheep adapters from Amazon   

IF your CPAP power brick (look at the label on the adapter) is compatible with 230v (you will see a range of supported AC voltages on the label), then you only need an adapter to unplug the bedside lamp in order to plug in your CPAP. The adapter is known as Schuko (European Type E/F). I’ve recently purchased an adapter similar to the 2nd picture that *should* allow me to plug in the lamp and a non-surge short multi-outlet to plug in my CPAP and a USB adapter. On the Jubillee, you should already have the USB support at bedside.

From Carnival’s website, there is some variance depending on what market the ship was built for (see the text below that some have Australian recepticals).

*** Carnival’s Info ***

On all ships, each stateroom has one electric outlet located at the desk. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style). On the Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras, there are three outlets located at the desk.

On the Carnival Luminosa and Carnival Splendor, the staterooms are fitted with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) as well as a standard Australian 3-point plug; adaptors providing 220/240 volt 60Hz are available upon request.

On the Carnival Firenze, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Venezia and Carnival Vista, there is one USB outlet (5 volt, 1000mA) in each stateroom.

On the Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras, there are multiple USB outlets at the desk and next to the beds. 

IMG_0514.jpeg

IMG_0472.jpeg

Edited by movtarget

1 hour ago, movtarget said:

IF your CPAP power brick (look at the label on the adapter) is compatible with 230v (you will see a range of supported AC voltages on the label), then you only need an adapter to unplug the bedside lamp in order to plug in your CPAP. The adapter is known as Schuko (European Type E/F). I’ve recently purchased an adapter similar to the 2nd picture that *should* allow me to plug in the lamp and a non-surge short multi-outlet to plug in my CPAP and a USB adapter. On the Jubillee, you should already have the USB support at bedside.

From Carnival’s website, there is some variance depending on what market the ship was built for (see the text below that some have Australian recepticals).

*** Carnival’s Info ***

On all ships, each stateroom has one electric outlet located at the desk. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style). On the Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras, there are three outlets located at the desk.

On the Carnival Luminosa and Carnival Splendor, the staterooms are fitted with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) as well as a standard Australian 3-point plug; adaptors providing 220/240 volt 60Hz are available upon request.

On the Carnival Firenze, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Venezia and Carnival Vista, there is one USB outlet (5 volt, 1000mA) in each stateroom.

On the Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras, there are multiple USB outlets at the desk and next to the beds. 

IMG_0514.jpeg

IMG_0472.jpeg

Thanks so much. I'll order one just in case

3 hours ago, ratbward said:

The was a very large 30+ family from babies to great-grandma in rooms all up and down the hallway in balcony and interior rooms. They were loud all hours of the day and night. Two of the women engaged in a fistfight in the hallway outside of my friend’s room, about ten rooms down from me. My original room had a mechanical rolling sound almost every morning starting around 2:00am that lasted for hours. Like a pipe rolling back and forth hitting walls on both sides. It could be heard over the white noise I was playing on my cell. The steward heard it and said the people in the cabin next to me heard it too. After multiple calls to GS, and a trip up there Thursday morning at 2am, they moved me to another room about four doors down. No noises there other than the loud family.

Temp in the room was comfortable, and I tend to run warm. I travel with a Venty fan and had no challenges with being hot.

UGHHHH... this worries me

2 hours ago, Softservekid1 said:

SO, its okay to bring an extension cord for my CPAP?

I’ve historically brought 2 (in my CPAP bag) 15-foot and would run them around the perimeter to reduce trip hazard (under the balcony door, too), Ships: Sunshine, Magic, Legend, Dream.

• Thanks 1

I would be interest to know if the Jubilee has any outlets on the wall at the head of the beds since the Reading Light seems to be hard-wired through the wall.  If any Jubilee cruisers have any knowledge on this, that would be nice.

Using an extension cord from the desk area to the bed, I have used magnetic hooks to run the cord along the walls of an interior stateroom to keep it off the floor and out of the way.  I have seen folks use magnetic hooks to string it up the wall and across the ceiling to the bed.  Don't know what Carnival thinks about that, but I would be careful to steer around any equipment in the ceiling.

We were on the Magic in June and we took a power strip and an extension cord for my Super nice. wifes c-pap. the room steward said take care of it and he ran the cord off the desk and secured with magnets. Ran across the floor and put a towel over it so we didn't trip.

• Like 1