A different shore excursion question

whystayhome

Hello

We have an opportunity to book a Med cruise at a lower rate without included shore excursions.  Here are my questions:

Is it possible to pick and choose which shore excursions we want in advance or on board?

Does anyone know the price range for à la carte excursions  (i.e., are the tours comparably priced with Seabourn’s crazy prices?)

if the ship doesn’t dock near the center of town, is a shuttle bus provided?

thanks for your help

Linda

Included shore excursions always had prices attached in case they were a second option.  On average I would say $180 each.  You should still be able to book them in advance in My Silversea, or on board the ship.  Only you will know whether the aggregate is good value.

Silversea nearly always docks close to town.  If not, there will be a free shuttle provided.

This is an opportunity to consider local shore excursions if you are that way inclined.  Especially a small group (6) with fellow passengers through your Roll Call.

One caveat - some ports aren't conducive to a free shuttle because of local regulations (or the taxi union) so I don't think you can completely rely on that. But there's always a way to get to town, and it's rarely far away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the Med? We almost always go DIY. I can beat the sneakers off of almost any tour that Silversea is offering. If I don't see twice as much for half the price, I'm having an off day. I would take this deal for sure.

• Like 7