Pre-Cruise Hotel in Seattle

Please help!  I am torn between 2 hotels.  I have heard both good and bad reviews about each of them.  The Mediterranean Inn and the Hyatt House.  Mediterranean Inn (#1 on TripAdvisor)  is $100 per night less money but no restaurant in house ( several within walking distance), 10-12 minute walk to Space needle, shuttles, light rail and has a nice rooftop view.  Hyatt House has a restaurant, free breakfast, rooftop deck and right across the street from the Space Needle where we can get on the light rail, or shuttle to go other places.  As we are older and not big on walking long distances this appealed to me.  Both hotels can provide airport pickup and port shuttles for a fee. Any information and feedback would be greatly appreciated.  We are not sailing until May 2025.

1 hour ago, cruzincraven said:

Mediterranean Inn (#1 on TripAdvisor)  is $100 per night less money but no restaurant in house ( several within walking distance), 10-12 minute walk to Space needle, shuttles, light rail and has a nice rooftop view.

#17 traveller ranked on Tripadvisor for what its worth. Usually take those things with a grain of salt though. 

Either of these are going to be fine-- I would say that the Hyatt House is in a better, more walkable spot for a tourist doing the main Seattle sights. (It's also right around the corner from the 5 Point Cafe which is a favorite spot of mine for food and drinks).

As we are older and not big on walking long distances this appealed to me.

If you want to walk less the Hyatt House is the obvious choice out of these two options. There are other hotels that are more centrally located though that will be in this price point. 

Both hotels can provide airport pickup and port shuttles for a fee.

Just take an Uber from Seatac. Chances are the car services they'll arrange on your behalf will contain a commission to the hotel you won't have to pay if you just arrange it yourself. 

"...and right across the street from the Space Needle where we can get on the light rail..."

No.  You can get on the monorail next to the Space Needle, which will (only) take you to the Westlake area in the city's commercial core.  The Link Light Rail system is separate from the monorail.  There's a light rail station at Westlake.  

• Like 1