Big Selection of swimwear coverups at SteinMart

cruisy

If you have this store, it is worth a look. I am in a warm climate, not sure if merchandise will be the same elsewhere. They had the following:

--Indian style big shirts and dresses with beading, both simple ones and very elaborate ones

--embroidered cotton dresses

--crocheted sweaterdresses in black, cream, brown and turquiose

--sheer type big shirts, some with beads or sequins at neckline

--tank style coverups

--t-shirt style dresses

--rayon sleeveless dresses with tropical/novelty designs

--terry dresses, including the juicy style terry dresses (strapless babydoll)

--gauze dresses and pants, etc.

--sheer shirt/dress with sequins/beads at neckline

--some pastel long sleeved dress style with white batik style designs and silver paillets

The items mentioned above are all swim coverups, as they would be a little too short for most people to want to wear as a regular article of clothing.

Most items were $24.99, elaborate things were $39.99. There are also various pants, shorts, and jackets for swimwear coverups. There was a huge variety of black and white, and a good amount of brown. You don't have to search around for these things either, most are all together in the swim department. There were a few misplaced in the shawl department, but I'm sure any future cruisers would be checking there too.

I know this sounds silly, but I've never worn a "coverup" per se....I usually just put on a t-shirt and shorts over a swimsuit, or change out of the suit all together. Anway, I can see where it would be nice to have a little something to wear over a swimsuit from my room to the pool, but where else it is acceptable on a ship? I've seen those tank, or t-dresses, would that be okay in the dining room for lunch, or just the buffet? Or not even there?

Actually, I haven't really used one before either. I would usually wear board shorts and a tank. I tried on last year's cruise stuff, and I seem to be a lot "less cute" than last year. (Am I aging in dog years?) So, I am getting something that looks a little more me, and less my 13 year old DD. (I'm sure she'll puke when she sees it.)

I also found a nice selection of cover-ups at JC Penny's last week. These things tend to disappear from the shelves quickly and are not available at all as the summer progresses.

They all seemed to be in the $24 range, and they were marked 20% off, which would make them more like $17-18.

Archived