Recommendations for places to see and things to do in Curacao

jolly_cruiser

All....we will be in Curacao this November on the Celebrity Reflection (Wife, Myself and 14 yo).

I am looking for recommendations to any must see beaches/places/attractions in Curacao, so i can plan.

Appreciate your responses in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

We took the ABC cruise via Celebrity Equinox last January.  Since we spent the day at the beach in Aruba and snorkeled half a day in Bonaire, we wanted to do something that was not so 'beachy' in Curacao.  Fortunately, we found Josh Transportation and Tour service right off the boat.  We told him we wanted to see the wild flamingos, the Olde Town Painted buildings, and a scenic shoreline with no tourists in sight.  He delivered all of that in spades, including some extra delights that we had not even considered such as great overlooks of the cruise harbor and the fishermen's homes. Josh is a delightful guide and perfect driver with a very comfortable car.  I think his what's app # is +5999 5151604.  We negotiated a price with him that we considered reasonable for the 3 hour tour he provided. 

• 4 weeks later...

We rented a car and drove to the flamingo area to see flamingoes in their natural habitat.  From there, we went to Playa Grandi and swam with sea turtles in the wild.  We made it there before the cruise ship groups, so it was very cool and not crowded.  We brought our own snorkel gear (just masks and snorkels).

Then we drove to the Hato Caves, which was a very neat place.  Highly recommend it.  After that, we went to the aquarium, which was nice.  We made it back to the ship in plenty of time and had no issue with the car rental.  It was much cheaper doing these things on our own rather than booking an excursion with the ship.