Marco Polo Airport (Venice) to Chioggia

conman

Some older threads on transportation to and from.  Thought I would provide an update.  Just priced out through Welcome Pickups, who I’ve used several times, the cost one way.  Not a long ride, approx one hour but wow $260+ for four of us in a van.  I was guessing roughly half that amount.  I know the bus is a cheaper alternative.  Anyone have any other ideas?

It's about 60 km/38 miles one way and will take at least an hour, so that's not really a high price given that the driver has to return empty and be paid for that trip as well.

Here is the bus schedule, line #85:  Orari e percorsi - Arriva Veneto

The last stop on the bus line, Piazzale Europa, still leaves you about 2.5 km/1.5 miles from the ship.  

You could do a bus to the Mestre Train station, then the train to Padova, and a bus to Chioggia Sottomarina (the bus is provided by Trenitalia, all one ticket from Mestre), but that sounds like a whole lot of wasted effort.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, conman said:

Anyone have any other ideas?

The only transfer company I've seen on this forum was VQTravels. 

Or try GoOpti ; they have shared or private transfers

It would be interesting to see how the prices compare.

I've been pricing this route, too, in reverse for Chioggia to Venice hotel, post cruise.  I'm finding the door-to-door  (door to dock? :)) to be about 300 Euro for party of 2.  Venice hotel said they can arrange; theirs too was 300E.  

On 7/14/2024 at 1:45 PM, Nemo2005 said:

I've been pricing this route, too, in reverse for Chioggia to Venice hotel, post cruise.  I'm finding the door-to-door  (door to dock? :)) to be about 300 Euro for party of 2.  Venice hotel said they can arrange; theirs too was 300E.  

if you're on azamara there is a LIVE trip report with  chioggia disembarkation info.

Look at LIVE CRUISE REPORTS in the blue banner at the top of this page.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As a follow up I just booked through Welcome Pickups both transfers to and from Chioggia from Venice Airport. $270 both directions for four of us and four bags.  Seems high to me but it is what it is.  I have booked through them in the past and have been mostly satisfied.  Five years ago I booked transportation from Athens to the airport.  Excellent driver and a nice vehicle.  When we arrived to the airport I tried to give him a tip and he would not take it.  He told me the price was all inclusive.  Looks like they are now encouraging tips if you are happy with the service.