Viking Danube Waltz - Passau to Budapest vs. Budapest to Passau - Differences?

Are there any big differences between going on one itinerary vs. the other?

When sailing on the Budapest to Passau itinerary, does the ship typically sail through the scenic Danube Bend from Budapest to Bratislava during the day or overnight? That particular itinerary item seems to be missing on the sailing from Bud. to Passau, but not on the reverse trip. But it could just be an oversight. Thanks for any help you can provide!

I went on this cruise in 2018 but from Passau to Budapest.

I wouldn't like to end in Passau because its such a long drive to Munich airport. Add in a 2 hour coach ride, plus scheduled extra for delays and getting you there 3 hours before the flight departs and you have a very early start.

Budapest airport is 30-45 minutes, depending on traffic, from the mooring.

You might like to read this recent thread

Thanks for your reply. We are planning a few days in Munich and Budapest before/after (or vice versa), so thankfully we won't have to worry about getting a very early start to/from the airport.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to access the link to the thread you posted because it says I do not have permission to read it. I'm new here, so I'm unsure as to why that would be. Perhaps you could post the title and I could search for it?

I'm still having a hard time determining if the Budapest to Passau sailing goes through the Danube Bend during the day. Even the Viking travel consultants I spoke to could not give me a definitive answer. It is not specifically called out in the itinerary, like it is on the Passau to Budapest itinerary.

9 hours ago, cocruiser66 said:

Unfortunately, I'm unable to access the link to the thread you posted because it says I do not have permission to read it. I'm new here, so I'm unsure as to why that would be. Perhaps you could post the title and I could search for it?

Sometimes, when you are not “signed in” ie just looking you can’t access other threads etc.