Discovery Princess E441, E442, E443, E501, E601

Has anyone sailed in these cabins on Discovery? All are restricted, but are any OK? They are the cheapest, all others, even if restricted, go up in price, so I would really like to choose one of these, but don't want to ruin our cruise!

All advice appreciated...

16 minutes ago, erber said:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/ov.php?ship=Discovery-Princess&cabins=E401-E445

This website has photos of views of obstructed balconies. It is a wealth of information. We have used it to select rooms on a number of occasions. 

Yes, this site is good but doesn't have photos of most of these. I was hoping someone had actually booked and sailed in one of them

18 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

when you say restricted, do you mean obstructed?

Do a search on this board with with cabin numbers and you will find reviews and even photos.

Just did a search and only found my own post!

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Kiwi Abroad said:

Just did a search and only found my own post!

what you should realize is that Discovery Princess is the Royal class, and all the Royal class Princess ships will be about the same when it comes to the cabin view. You can search Majestic, Regal, Enchanted, Royal, Sky and Discovery Princess.  So, when you search Enchanted Princess E441, you get a bunch of photos:  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/ov.php?ship=Enchanted-Princess&cabins=E401-E445 At the top it will say "Discovery Princess Enchanted Princess Majestic Princess Regal Princess Royal Princess III Sky Princess", which means that it applies to all of the ships of the same class. The link the PP gave you before leads to the same page and has photos of the 3 cabins you are looking for.

Also, cabins are also about the same on the opposite side of the ship. For example, E501 will have just about the same view as E502.

I guess you didn't search long enough... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=e501&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=119

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

The aft and mid aft BW and DW cabins on Deck 8 of Royal Class ships will have more of an obstructed view because the last 2 lifeboats port and starboard are the tenders and have the upper level, which blocks more of the view.

Posted (edited)

A quick view of the deck plan shows E601 sleeps up to 4 persons so very likely has two of the drop down beds as well as the normal queen/twin configuration.

When ever I am researching cabins I find it helpful to pull up the deck plan in a seperate tab and enter the number of guests as 2, then look at the cabin location.  Once we find a cabin we like, I change the number of guest to three on the deck plan to verify it is not a cabin with the 3rd and 4th person drop down berths.

Edited by NWA395

7 hours ago, NWA395 said:

When ever I am researching cabins I find it helpful to pull up the deck plan in a seperate tab and enter the number of guests as 2, then look at the cabin location.  Once we find a cabin we like, I change the number of guest to three on the deck plan to verify it is not a cabin with the 3rd and 4th person drop down berths.

Thank you, very helpful