Cas Abao Beach & Scenic Drive

Petrel

I had not seen any posts regarding this RCCL excursion to Cas Abao Beach and a stop at a local artist's gallery, so since I just got back, I thought I would give a quick overview for anybody that may be curious.  

I was most concerned about the stop at the local artist gallery, as I was really just interested in the beach.  The entire bus apparently felt the same way. Many didn't even get off the bus, and I think maybe one person bought something from the entire bus.   Luckily, the stop is no more than 15 minutes, so you don't lose too much beach time to this.  The excursion lasts 5hrs & 15mins, and it takes about 45 minutes each way to get out to the beach. So, factoring in the gallery stop, you'll have about 3.5 hours at the beach.

The beach itself is nice, although modestly more rocky than I thought.  I brought water shoes, so was fine, but for those that didn't have them, it is a little rocky first getting into the water, but then gets a little better, though still some random rocks to deal with.  Overall, a nice beach and there are some fish to see, though I wouldn't exactly call it a snorkeler's paradise.  

• Thanks 1