First time cruising drink pricing question please

1 minute ago, hamrag said:

Loss of deposit in the UK, unless you have a special deal with your TA! 😉

I live in the UK and booked my Ascent 2025 cruise departing from Rome but with a UK travel agent. Our TA package included the classic drinks and basic WiFi.  On the Celebrity app I later purchased the premium drinks upgrade directly, the full price was charged in GBP onto my credit card (not a deposit).  So if a sale for the premium drinks upgrade comes on offer before next year (as others have said to look out for) will I be able to cancel the upgrade I have purchased through the Celebrity app without penalty, or will I be charged a penalty?  I know others have replied they have done this many times and not had a penalty applied, but you mention the UK specifically so I thought it is worth asking with more information. Thank you

16 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Not for cancelling a drink package??? For cancelling the whole cruise yes, but not any add-ons. 

8 minutes ago, MissisM said:

I live in the UK and booked my Ascent 2025 cruise departing from Rome but with a UK travel agent. Our TA package included the classic drinks and basic WiFi.  On the Celebrity app I later purchased the premium drinks upgrade directly, the full price was charged in GBP onto my credit card (not a deposit).  So if a sale for the premium drinks upgrade comes on offer before next year (as others have said to look out for) will I be able to cancel the upgrade I have purchased through the Celebrity app without penalty, or will I be charged a penalty?  I know others have replied they have done this many times and not had a penalty applied, but you mention the UK specifically so I thought it is worth asking with more information. Thank you

Yes you will be able to cancel and re-purchase the drink upgrade. There is no penalty for doing so. I have done so many times and I’m based in the UK. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hamrag said:

This is about drinks packages not cruises. You can cancel the package and it doesn’t impact your cruise, they’re two separate things.

theres no deposit on drinks packages 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MissisM said:

If the upgrade was booked and paid for separately and not included in your package then you will be able

to cancel and rebook it without a penalty. The person talking about losing the deposit is confused and is talking about the cruise, not the drinks package 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

Yes you will be able to cancel and re-purchase the drink upgrade. There is no penalty for doing so. I have done so many times and I’m based in the UK. 

Thank you very much @StopTheWorld, its our first cruise and its all a bit confusing so that's really helpful

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

If the upgrade was booked and paid for separately and not included in your package then you will be able

to cancel and rebook it without a penalty. The person talking about losing the deposit is confused and is talking about the cruise, not the drinks package 

Thank you for your reply @Donsyb I was getting confused as it will be our first time cruising next year, I appreciate your help.

I’m so sorry if this has been answered already within the forum (I’ve looked but can’t find the answers I need) and thought this would be a good thread to add my question. 

We’ll be on our first cruise is August sailing with the Solstice and have the classic drinks package. We’ve seen the PDF document which outlines what’s included in our drinks package when it comes to the brands etc. and the price caps, but it’s difficult to find individual drink prices. I’ve also read comments that the Celebrity drink prices have changed, and therefore most of the cocktails now fall within the premium package. I’ve taken a look at certain bar drinks menu within the Celebrity app and I can’t find any cocktails $10 or under. 

Can we actually get cocktails within our classic drinks package and if so, I assume you just ask the bartender to make a certain cocktail within our package?

Also, when ordering a type of Whiskey/Gin/Vodka etc. that falls within the classic drinks package, I’m assuming that’s for one straight measure at an estimate of $7. But if I wanted to add a mixer to the drink like Coke at an estimate of $5, would that then be classed as premium (as that would then be a total of $12), and therefore you would have to order a Whiskey and then the Coke separately? 

I know that might sound like a silly question but just trying to fully understand how it works. 

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, LAC91 said:

I’m so sorry if this has been answered already within the forum (I’ve looked but can’t find the answers I need) and thought this would be a good thread to add my question. 

We’ll be on our first cruise is August sailing with the Solstice and have the classic drinks package. We’ve seen the PDF document which outlines what’s included in our drinks package when it comes to the brands etc. and the price caps, but it’s difficult to find individual drink prices. I’ve also read comments that the Celebrity drink prices have changed, and therefore most of the cocktails now fall within the premium package. I’ve taken a look at certain bar drinks menu within the Celebrity app and I can’t find any cocktails $10 or under. 

Can we actually get cocktails within our classic drinks package and if so, I assume you just ask the bartender to make a certain cocktail within our package?

Also, when ordering a type of Whiskey/Gin/Vodka etc. that falls within the classic drinks package, I’m assuming that’s for one straight measure at an estimate of $7. But if I wanted to add a mixer to the drink like Coke at an estimate of $5, would that then be classed as premium (as that would then be a total of $12), and therefore you would have to order a Whiskey and then the Coke separately? 

I know that might sound like a silly question but just trying to fully understand how it works. 

Thank you. 

This is not a silly question and these are questions it’s sometimes difficult to get an answer on with Celebrity.  People share that document but it doesn’t really talk about cocktails and it’s never that clear what you can have.

• Like 1