Transportation from Rhodes to Lindos

We routinely rent a car, when on Rhodes.  Parking at Lindos is a real pain as the place is often packed with full parking lots (once parked about 1 mile distant along the road).  A taxi is going to be expensive since you are talking about 30 miles (one way).  Finding a taxi, in Rhodes Town, should not be too difficult and then you would need to negotiate a price (measured in hundreds of Euros).  We have seen taxis waiting at Lindos (near the parking lots) and assume many folks hire a taxi for all or part of the day and have them wait.  

I have no clue whether you can get a taxi, at Lindos, that is just sitting around and waiting for a fare, is questionable.  There are public buses, although that ride can take more than 1 1/2 hours (one way).  IMHO, if you do not want to rent a car, consider joining a small group tour that you might be able to find by looking on the CC Roll Call board for your cruise.

When we have driven from Rhodes Town to Lindos. we usually make a few stops along the route (the eastern coast) to check-out various beaches and find a place for lunch.  There are quite a few smaller beach areas (on the route) that are not packed with tourists as is Lindos.

Hank

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Houston Pegaroo said:

Any issues getting return taxi after touring Lindos? 

This is a copy of a post I  submitted on a previous thread.  Sorry but I have no recollection of the cost and we shared both ways.

coty/paste

We visited Lindos on our second visit to Rhodes.  (First time we explored Rhodes Town)Shared a taxi with two others from our ship and picked it up a short walk away from the port at the square in town where many of them wait for fares.  I think I remember  it was a fixed price with a list showing fares to different locations.  Coming back we had arranged to meet again and  picked one up in the Main Square Lindos as the town itself  is  pedestrianised. We had to wait a few minutes for a taxi as they were in demand and it was busy.(ADDED NOW READ QUITE A FEW MINUTES, POSSIBLY BETWEEN !5 AND 30 before we got lucky)

We didn't venture up to the Acropolis as it is a very steep hill and it was a really hot day.  Enjoyed walking around town despite the crowds but fewer folks would have suited us better.

Have you tried simply googling something like "taxi fare from  Rhodes Town to Lindos"?

If you have not already searched for and read any previous threads containing the word Lindos, you could choose from these

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=lindos&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=463

Edited by edinburgher

8 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We routinely rent a car, when on Rhodes.  Parking at Lindos is a real pain as the place is often packed with full parking lots (once parked about 1 mile distant along the road).  A taxi is going to be expensive since you are talking about 30 miles (one way).  Finding a taxi, in Rhodes Town, should not be too difficult and then you would need to negotiate a price (measured in hundreds of Euros).  We have seen taxis waiting at Lindos (near the parking lots) and assume many folks hire a taxi for all or part of the day and have them wait.  

I have no clue whether you can get a taxi, at Lindos, that is just sitting around and waiting for a fare, is questionable.  There are public buses, although that ride can take more than 1 1/2 hours (one way).  IMHO, if you do not want to rent a car, consider joining a small group tour that you might be able to find by looking on the CC Roll Call board for your cruise.

When we have driven from Rhodes Town to Lindos. we usually make a few stops along the route (the eastern coast) to check-out various beaches and find a place for lunch.  There are quite a few smaller beach areas (on the route) that are not packed with tourists as is Lindos.

Hank

Thanks so much for this info.!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, edinburgher said:

This is a copy of a post I  submitted on a previous thread.  Sorry but I have no recollection of the cost and we shared both ways.

coty/paste

We visited Lindos on our second visit to Rhodes.  (First time we explored Rhodes Town)Shared a taxi with two others from our ship and picked it up a short walk away from the port at the square in town where many of them wait for fares.  I think I remember  it was a fixed price with a list showing fares to different locations.  Coming back we had arranged to meet again and  picked one up in the Main Square Lindos as the town itself  is  pedestrianised. We had to wait a few minutes for a taxi as they were in demand and it was busy.(ADDED NOW READ QUITE A FEW MINUTES, POSSIBLY BETWEEN !5 AND 30 before we got lucky)

We didn't venture up to the Acropolis as it is a very steep hill and it was a really hot day.  Enjoyed walking around town despite the crowds but fewer folks would have suited us better.

Have you tried simply googling something like "taxi fare from  Rhodes Town to Lindos"?

If you have not already searched for and read any previous threads containing the word Lindos, you could choose from these

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=lindos&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=463

Thanks for providing this detailed information and the links!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Houston Pegaroo said:

Thanks for providing this detailed information and the links!

And thanks for acknowledging as not everyone does.

note that Lindos was incredibly busy, actually uncomfortably so.