Arcadia at Stornoway

I noticed that Arcadia is berthed at the deep water port, several miles from town. Is there a shuttle provided and is there anything interesting there?

Visited Lewis for a week 2 years ago.  Not much in Stornoway and cruise passengers probably take a tour around the island, Callanish Standing Stones, Gerrannan Black House village are attractions on an island not offering much to see (the beaches are however amazing).

Stornoway itself has Lews castle, plenty of shops selling Harris Tweed and the The Crown pub where a 14 year old Prince (now King) Charles was caught drinking underage!

• Like 1

An opportunity to stock up on top notch black pudding!

As mentioned above the standing stones are worth a visit (try to get in before it’s crowded if you want photos.) 

Beautiful beaches and a nice walk up to the Butt of Lewis but I’m not sure if I would risk it other than as part of a tour. 
I would also advise doing some homework / downloading some maps so you can identify peaks as you sail the coastal waters. We did round Britain last year on Britannia & had some wonderful scenic cruising and while we know the area fairly well there was much discussion as to which island was which & which peak was that - Britannia’s navigation screen wasn’t much use (scale too big or too small) We hadn’t paid for Wi-Fi so couldn’t use Google maps etc. 

• Like 1