Reasonable Galveston hotel with cruise parking

We will be doing a 10 night on the Jewel out of Galveston in March. We will be driving down from Dallas the day before. In the past we have stayed at Moody Gardens and used their parking package. It’s been a few years and now we would like to find a hotel with a more reasonable stay and park package than Moody.

On 7/18/2024 at 4:44 PM, morebeaches said:

We will be doing a 10 night on the Jewel out of Galveston in March. We will be driving down from Dallas the day before. In the past we have stayed at Moody Gardens and used their parking package. It’s been a few years and now we would like to find a hotel with a more reasonable stay and park package than Moody.

Those hotels are getting a little dog eared and while they include free parking, they no longer offer a shuttle. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jackiel3290 said:

Those hotels are getting a little dog eared and while they include free parking, they no longer offer a shuttle. 

Think you are on wrong thread unless you are talking of Moody Gardens. 

Edited by ssb

52 minutes ago, ssb said:

Think you are on wrong thread unless you are talking of Moody Gardens. 

The person was looking for other cheaper options than Moody Gardens. I was referring to 2 different hotels I have stayed at in the past that are just to the left of the I-45 bridge, I didn’t want to name names. These hotels are  priced in the $70 range and USED to provide free parking and a reasonable shuttle service. I have not stayed at either in 5 or 6 years, but when looking for an upcoming stay, saw less than favorable reviews and photos. They do still provide free parking but no longer have the shuttle offer. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jackiel3290 said:

The person was looking for other cheaper options than Moody Gardens. I was referring to 2 different hotels I have stayed at in the past that are just to the left of the I-45 bridge, I didn’t want to name names. These hotels are  priced in the $70 range and USED to provide free parking and a reasonable shuttle service. I have not stayed at either in 5 or 6 years, but when looking for an upcoming stay, saw less than favorable reviews and photos. They do still provide free parking but no longer have the shuttle offer. 

You do-not refer to any other hotels on this thread other than Moody Gardens. And not on 45 either . 

Edited by ssb

I have a cruised book for December of this year that I booked last summer.  Cruising out of Galveston.  As soon as Hilton & Marriott released bookings for the Friday night I needed, I booked.  One year in advance.  I highly suggest this approach if one is inclined to booked at least a year in advance.  I booked a room at the Home2suites Hilton for $108.  At this time, it is hovering around $180.  Every now and then, I check the rates for the night I will be spending in Galveston and have not found a lower price for a room at a Hilton or Marriott property.  

36 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

I have a cruised book for December of this year that I booked last summer.  Cruising out of Galveston.  As soon as Hilton & Marriott released bookings for the Friday night I needed, I booked.  One year in advance.  I highly suggest this approach if one is inclined to booked at least a year in advance.  I booked a room at the Home2suites Hilton for $108.  At this time, it is hovering around $180.  Every now and then, I check the rates for the night I will be spending in Galveston and have not found a lower price for a room at a Hilton or Marriott property.  

Yes you are a smart traveler. 
thanks for the relative information.