How to secure an art class on Vista

I will be on two adjacent cruises. next spring for a total of 33 days. I had a few general questions about the art classes. Are they offered frequently or mostly sea days. How is the best way to secure a spot?  Can I book a spot while on my first cruise for the second cruise?  Thanks for any other suggestions you might have. This is something I would love to try; even more so than the cooking classes. 

On embarkation day, you go to the art class room and they will have a description of the classes available on the upcoming cruise.  There will be a sign up sheet for the classes.  If you ask the artist about the following cruise, they may be able to tell you what will be offered and since you will onboard, you can be one of the first to go to the art class area and sign up.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pulled out the "Artist in Residence" sheet from my cruise on Riviera 10/30-11/9/2023. Graham Denison. Who does a lot on Riviera. (IIRC they store his art on board between his time on her.)

To secure: There aren't unlimited seats. Get on board ASAP. Then go sign up as quickly as you can. That means those who embark early have an advantage.

Classes: Graham did his as a "course": "Create Your Own Masterpiece". He had a meet and greet on embarkation day at 6 pm and an "exhibition" on day 9 at 5 pm.

- Day 2 "Finding Inspiration" 4 pm

- Day 4 "How to Use Various Art Materials" 3:30 pm

- Day 5 "Fundamentals of Drawing: Perspective" 10 am with 4 pm free time for work [SEA DAY]

- Day 7 "Fundamentals of Drawing: Shading" 10 am

- Day 8 "Palatte Knife Techniques" 3:30 pm

- Day 10 "Finishing Touches" 3 pm

This was a port-intensive cruise, so 5 of the 6 "classes" were held on port days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...