Solo Cruiser can only book single cabins on Edge class ships

26 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

I am thinking that it could be due to open solo cabins:cruises with no solo cabins left show all cabin types and cruises with solo cabins still available only allow for this type of cabin. I am keeping track to see if other cabins open up once solo cabins are sold out. There are still 5 left in my cruise

It's a good question. I went back to the 8 cruises that I had looked at where there were no (evident) stateroom restrictions and there were single/solo staterooms available on six of them (like the example from @Travel-and-See). (Some of the single staterooms were priced higher than a regular stateroom which is another topic...) If it's not a glitch/error, something else is driving this restriction like the overall number of staterooms left to sell (after guarantee bookings) or maybe the number of solo cruisers already on the cruise in question? Unfortunately I don't imagine Celebrity will reveal much about this.

I already mentioned this but for me, Celebrity has fixed a major problem - now I can easily search the prices for a solo on cruises. Before, you could only search the per-person price based on double occupancy and then you had to click through on a cruise and adjust the number to 1 on a dummy booking to see what they would charge a solo passenger - it was very frustrating.  

Now I can see the prices on the cruise and I can decide if it's a good price or not. 

Looking at @Sandy1975's specific situation, I see that for all Apex cruises in November 2024, solo cruisers can only choose between single IV staterooms and the Retreat. That seems inconsistent and arguably unfair. Perhaps you or your TA can ask Celebrity for an explanation and an exception to that restriction? (as per your original post)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BytownMatt said:

Looking at @Sandy1975's specific situation, I see that for all Apex cruises in November 2024, solo cruisers can only choose between single IV staterooms and the Retreat. That seems inconsistent and arguably unfair. Perhaps you or your TA can ask Celebrity for an explanation and an exception to that restriction? (as per your original post)

Interesting! Celebrity is being sneaky and potentially testing something 

Edited by Sandy1975

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I don’t mean for this to sound rude.  I don’t know about you but we spend quite a lot onboard, both of us.  

Can’t we turn this around and say that one person probably doesn’t spend as much as two people so why should cabins be charged at half price?  Shouldn’t they stay at 150% or 175% which seems generous to me.  

I could understand a bidding system where singles can take unsold cabins at 50% of the normal rate.

I said I admit I do not spend as much. I don’t gamble and I don’t shop on board. They might get an excursion or two out of me and maybe a drink package.

So I am ok with paying some more. But as others have said, when it is MORE than 2 people in a stateroom would pay, I object. I already don’t do AI because it doesn’t adjust for only one person so I would end up paying for double WiFi and 2 beverage packages. Pretty sure I paid double gratuities on Summit last year when AQ required AI (and I booked before grats were removed) - not that I minded that part since my service in Blu was excellent and I gave them more anyway. (My cabin steward was just average so his “bonus” from me was just the double from AI.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BytownMatt said:

I was looking at August next year and had the same. When I contacted them on FB that is what they told me - to call and maybe my planner could talk with revenue. No thanks. I’ll cruise another line.

• Like 1