Budapest to Prague - Where to stay in Prague

riverrat05

I will be taking a river cruise on the Amadeus Symphony May 7-14. I am taking care of my own travel arrangements before and after the cruise. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations of good places to stay in Prague that are centrally located so that we could walk from our hotel. I am also looking for suggestions for things to do in Budapest and Prague.

For our up-coming trip in July, I have booked the Diplomat Hotel. Though its outside the Old -town area, its a modern hotel, priced at about $120.00 per night and right across the street is the metro and in about 5 min. you are wherever you need to go. You can read reviews on this hotel and just about every hotel in Prague on Tripadvisor.com.

A site I have really used extensively for prague is livingprague.com, advise from someone who lives in Prague and has developed a extremely helpful guide to Prague from A to Z. Also, I am using the lonely planet pocket guide and map for Prague-condensed and excellent. Other than that, use the internet extensively and you will find all of the advise and information you will ever need.

Hello: We are doing the Amadagio/Blue Danube cruise at the end of May and have made our own arrangments in Budapest and Prague. We are booked at the K and K Hotel Central in Prague. I like the location and it looks terrific. After I had made the arrangements, I found it mentioned in the November, 2005 Gourmet magazine's article on Prague. I was able to get an early booking discount.

Over Thanksgiving we spent 5 nights at the Maximilian. Rate during that season was 117 Euro a nite, but I am sure summer cost more. It would be worth it. Rooms are very nicely furnished, decent sized, and large bathroom with the best showerhead I have seen in Europe to date (and I have travelled to Europe for more than 35 years and stayed in 3,4 and 5 star hotels). Can walk everywhere. Hot and cold full buffet breakfast served until late in the morning, and free internet access in lounge on main floor. It was great. Check out tripadvisor.com for more reviews.

Thanks for the tips..... the Hotel Antik is a lot cheaper, but booked for our dates.....The Golden Tulip Maximilian looks really nice. It is about 192 a night on hotelscom. The location looks good. We were considering Renaissance Prague Hotel because that is where Amadeus is putting up the people from our cruise and that is where the bus is dropping us off.(We were able to book the bus trip from the boat to Prague with Amadeus) It is a little expensive, but I heard the location is good kind of like the K + K hotel recommended earlier. Still haven't booked yet...now more choices....so hard to decide!!!!

I am having more fun planning this Budapest to Prague trip than trip any in a long time..just reading about the hotels and restaurants and sights is wonderful..I have gotten a wonderful guide thanks to this board in Prague..wonder if anyone has a guide suggestion for Budapest??

Jan

Archived