Wine river cruises-France?

SWF66

Posted (edited)

849.99? Wow, I could get a lot of Corbières for that kind of price...

I did not look at the grape varieties, so I did not spot that.

From what I remember people saying on CC is that the chateaux visited were a bit over-hyped on the Bordeaux itinerary.

From what I remember of the Amawaterways offers in connection with these American wine experts on board, there was room for improvement as regards the pairings and offers.

I have not sailed on such a special cruise, it just seems to me that they may be good for the wine drinkers but a bit underwhelming for the real experts. I do not recall a specific review of a Uniworld cruise here.

Does CroisiEurope or another European company offer something similar, I mean could this be of interest to the OP? Just asking as often these companies are not on the North-American radar.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid

28 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

From what I remember people saying on CC is that the chateaux visited were a bit over-hyped on the Bordeaux itinerary.

If you are talking about Scenic, over-hyping is what they do.

But I think the wine Chateaux visited on Beautiful Bordeaux were a good representation - Ch Riviere (Libourne), Ch Lagrange, (3rd Growth, St Julian), Ch  Lafaurie-Peyraguey, (1st Growth, Sauternes).

(That was n the 2022 itinerary, since then Scenic visit Ch Siaurac (Lalande-Pomerol) which was on Vikings itinerary and there may be other changes)

Did the Uniworld Brilliant Bordeaux in late June/early July of this year.  I’m not a big red wine drinker but had a fantastic time on the cruise.  Determined I definitely don’t like Sauternes, had great oysters with a very nice white at the Medoc Fort, “stormed” the Citadel in Blayne, had great reds in St. Emilion and bought two bottles of a vintage that made my cousin cry (it’s from the year we graduated college and a Eurail trip), and enjoyed the city of Bordeaux.  We had a little group of solo travelers that hung out together and had a great time.

• Like 2