GoPro Power Options

Just an FYI for anyone using a Gopro 10,11,12 and looking for power options other than the internal battery or a battery pack. I bought this power plug which is 2.4 amps and 5 volts. It works great, just did a 48 hour time lapse test and had no issues. The internal battery was removed, so no heat issues at all. You will need to install the GoPro Labs firmware which is really easy to do. This is the power plug https://amzn.to/3A2kxP2

Here is the link for GP Labs..... https://gopro.github.io/labs/

I've been using it for a number of years and is really very handy. You can do your settings in the web browser or the App.

In a nutshell GP Labs enables you to make and set many options that are not possible with the standard firmware. I use it to force the camera to use power from the USB connector. Once you make a setting the QR code will change, turn the camera on and aim it at the code and the camera will do those settings. I also have mine set to have my name, phone number and email address show on the screen for 5 seconds when it starts up. Their are hundreds setting that can be done, want to have it start recording at a certain time, certain speed.... its all pretty easy to do

• Like 2