What is the best show on VV?

JanThe1st

The following shows were announced in March 2023 - which is the best?

Persephone 

Lola’s Library 

Supper Club Series Featuring Another Rose 

Mind Mangler: Member of the Tragic Circle

Miss Behave 

Full details: https://www.virgin.com/about-virgin/latest/virgin-voyages-set-to-steal-the-show-with-a-brand-new-entertainment-line-up

Of those on Resilient Lady I’d say all of them except Lola’s Library are great.

Persephone is probably the best, it’s quite full on with lots of circus and acrobatics with live singing.

Miss Behave Show is a lot of fun and very interactive. Will have most people singing and laughing along.

Another Rose is a good dinner show with an Indian inspired menu as well as plenty of cocktails and sparkling rose. There is a slightly confusing three way romance plot but lots of good live singing, dancing and circus.

Mind Mangler is from the same company who did The Play That Goes Wrong and is a good farce with a little actual magic. It’s a great show and again very funny. 

Lola’s Library I just found it tried too hard to be risqué or double entendres and although it some performers are good, the show seemed drawn out. But I think it’s changed since I saw it a year ago to tighten up the running time.

• Like 1

Just FYI - in case you didn't know - the shows you listed are on the Resilient Lady Ship.  

The Scarlet Lady and Valiant Lady have Untitled, Ship Show Dinner Show, and Duel Reality. 

Scarlet also has Ships in the Night and Valiant Lady had Miss Behave when I cruised, not sure if that has changed. 

Duel Reality is produced by the 7 Fingers Contemporary Circus and this is one of the best shows ever presented on a cruise ship.  It also performs on land and has had rave reviews - it's currently showing in San Diego. 

Ships in the Night is also produced by the 7 fingers but it is more dance based and less Circus. I think it's great - really creative, modern choreography and crazy impressive visuals.  It's probably not for everyone though. 

Ship Show is a dinner show with variety acts - very fun. I wish the show existed without the dinner because the food is only so-so but the show is very fun.  

Untitled - This is a modern dance show / dance party. It's very unique and creative. I've seen 2 casts perform it, one was excellent and the other was just ok... seemed to want to make everything a bit dirty to the point it felt a little uncomfortable. 

Miss Behave - This is an improv comedy game show with some variety acts as well.  It's very out there and fun - not for everyone and of the list, the least impressive in my opinion but I still had a good time. 

To me, the shows on Virgin are extremely high quality compared to other lines. The other lines are a bit more mainstream with typical song and dance shows but they usually come across as theme park entertainment - the Virgin shows are often shows that people actually pay top dollar to see when they tour. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

Ship Show is a dinner show with variety acts - very fun. I wish the show existed without the dinner because the food is only so-so but the show is very fun

We enjoyed the show and simply told our waitress that we weren't going to eat.

My wife and I didn't make it to Lola's Library during our cruise, but otherwise we caught all of those.  I mean, they all have their strengths.  We probably had the most fun at Miss Behave given it's interactive.  We were at the "floor seats" for Another Rose, so it had it's interactive element as well I suppose.

We're going on another cruise on Resilient Lady and I'm trying to think of which shows we might try again.  We were not "on the floor" for Persephone the first time, so will likely try to that this time.  I could see going to Miss Behave again given it's a bit more dynamic and it would be interesting to see how different it is with new people.  We might skip Another Rose this time.  We enjoyed the show, but I think we already saw it in the "ideal way" our first time.  I am curious if the Mind Mangler changes much from show to show so we'll have to see if we go to that one again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just posted a brief mini-review of Persephone and Lola's Library. Both are great shows. Prudes with a stick up their behind tend not to like Lola's Library.

Miss Behave is the stupidest piece of trash I have ever wasted time trying to watch. My wife and I crawled out of the front row (bad choice) of the show after the first 15 minutes. I don't how how to describe it other than "stupid trash".

Waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for the Another Rose to start. Between ridiculously long wait and performers trying to confuse viewers on purpose, got so annoyed that we demanded our money back and left. Never again. To VV credit, they gave us our money back. We did not see 1 minute of the show.

Mind Mangler was OK. He's Off Broadway at NYC, which gives him some kind of status. We enjoyed the show last year. He was on Resilient this year again. We didn't go to see him again. Comedy Magic is good only the first time you see it (at least a 1-man show, which that's what it is). 

BEST SHOW? Duel Reality on Scarlet. No questions about it.

Edited by TripsYouMustDo
  • Like 1

Ship Show on Scarlet was replaced with LOL comedy club, haven't seen it but I guess its not great as the comedians repeat their performance from elsewhere on the ship and the quality of comedians can very greatly. 

Another Rose is by far our favorite with Persephone a close second and then Duel and Untitled. 

Mind Mangler was terrible, left after 10 minutes. We thought Miss Behave was pretty good (originated in Vegas) but apparently is highly dependent on the cast. 

I kept falling asleep at Ships in the Night and all I recall is a giant iPhone so need to see that again. 

Lola's Library was cut down from 3 one hour long segments to a single 90 minute presentation but we did not get to see either version, apparently the single seating has improved the flow greatly. 

• Like 1