Hong Kong shuttle

Arubamoose

We get into Hong Kong at 3 PM.  Our Celebrity coach tour to Victoria Peak doesn't start until 7 PM.

I've read about the free shuttle to Kwung Tong MTR/APM center and calculated it is about a 15 minute ride.

My concern is the return. How often do they run a shuttle back to the Kai Tak Terminal?  

Is there anything to see in that area without having to go too far?

I'm not opposed to having some good food in the vicinity if there is nothing to see/do.

I certainly don't want to stay on the ship for two hours beforehand.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2024 at 12:23 PM, Arubamoose said:

We get into Hong Kong at 3 PM.  Our Celebrity coach tour to Victoria Peak doesn't start until 7 PM.

I've read about the free shuttle to Kwung Tong MTR/APM center and calculated it is about a 15 minute ride.

My concern is the return. How often do they run a shuttle back to the Kai Tak Terminal?  

Is there anything to see in that area without having to go too far?

I'm not opposed to having some good food in the vicinity if there is nothing to see/do.

I certainly don't want to stay on the ship for two hours beforehand.

Thanks!

The Kai Tak cruise terminal is a desserted place and nothing to do inside and far away from shopping areas. The free shuttle takes you to the nearest MTR subway station about 15 minutes away and from there you can do some shopping or take the MTR to head into Kowloon's Tsim Sha Tsui busy area for shopping with lots of eateries. However, the Kai Tak cruise terminal is in an industrial area so there's nothing to see. You can just return to that same MTR station and call a cab to take you back to the Kai Tak cruise terminal instead of waiting for a shuttle back. You can have dinner at the Victoria Peak with a great view of the harbor if dinner is not included in your tour pkg. Good luck and have fun.