Seattle Light Rail

This is a stupid question, but I’ve never been on a rail before.  If I take the light rail from Seatac to downtown Seattle, what do I do with my luggage?  I assume they must have somewhere to put it.

• Like 1

Not a stupid question, I actually was wondering the same! Thanks to the person who answered! (Although I have some big bags, so will probably just Uber to the port instead).

We found an end seat and kept our bags with us.  The light rail car wasn't crowded, and we made sure our bags were not in the way. It is an easy way to get to downtown Seattle.

• Like 1

Grab the app "OneBusAway". It's a great way to get real-time information about bus/train stops, what's running on time versus late, and at least for the buses it's a great way to see ALL of the stops rather than just the key ones that make it onto the published schedules.

Also be aware that the light rail at best gets you to downtown. If your ship is going out of Pier 66, that's probably OK, but if your ship is going out of Pier 91, you have to take some other means of transport to get there, and if you take the bus, it is NOT convenient with luggage. The bus stop is up on a bridge that's not super close to the terminal, so you'd have to go down steps with your bags and then schlep it to the terminal. The bus drivers can get a little cranky if you're not quick-on or quick-off with your bags.