Anyone Flying from Chicago to Miami?

vesw01

I am running into rates between$230 and $268 for the end of Sept. Some people say that is great I paid over $300 others think too much. I checked Spirt and any others I could think of.. Some were $20 cheaper for a connecting flight - not worth saving the money for IMO...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciate.

We are coming from Seattle Washington, stop in Chicago, then onto Ft Lauderdale...we paid $300.00 TOTAL each,.. all fees included...via SouthWest.

;) I think that's a great deal, others were $600.00 plus!

Right now Southwest is only taking reservations online until Aug 3rd..I might call them tomorrow to find out when the next block opens up. You would think most people book more than 4 months out.

You didn't specify which part of "the end of September", so I just picked random Saturdays (I think the 23rd and 29th) and also picked "check surrounding airports". I found Midway to FLL on Air Tran for $200 person (including taxes) and they had a TON of flights, many different departure and arrival options.

We're looking to fly Moline (IL, Quad Cities) to Atlanta to Miami in the spring (4/07, based on 4/06 prices) and only pay $235 (on Delta), which is why I was surprised to see the direct flight didn't cost a whole lot less.

Hope that helps!

Went to Air Tran's website and got a price of $389.40 for two. We would have connections in ATl and have to fly into FLL - it would save us $138. We have $75 in flight vouchers on United, so I might look into using those... we only have to Nov to use them anway - so then it would only save us $71.60 which I would rather fly direct. I will keep working on it.

Remember that US Air and United Code share so check both.

www.ITASoftware.com is the best airfare search engine I've ever used. You can't book with them but you can get the exact flight details and book directly with the airlines.

Also you have the option of departing and arriving airports being within 300 miles of your destination.

What are your dates?

Archived