Royal Fan want to try NCL - thoughts

15 hours ago, stellarose33 said:

I am assuming the getaway is like the breakaway? last cruise was CCL's Mardi Gras. that was a big ship (roller coaster, etc). I am hoping for a chill vibe to Bermuda on getaway. I am not bringing my college age young adult children.  need a chair, my music and my kindle.  

We did getaway a couple of years ago to Bermuda, and Joy last year to Bermuda. The ships are similar in size to Mardi Gras but definetly a more chill vibe. Find the Bermuda cruises pretty laid back with nice long sea days and obviously extended time in port in Bermuda.

We'd often post up in the solarium for long periods of time and just relax. Also just a different feeling being out there in the big, deep part of the ocean.  

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 4:37 PM, hollon said:

I usually cruise royal and I do enjoy the bigger ships with the good entertainment, I love shows, trivia, pools, etc. but want to try NCL for a change of pace.  I've cruise Icon of the Seas and all the Oasis class ships.  Which ship should I try, the newer ones, etc.?  

Do you cruise alone? NCL has a great solo cabin and solo activities. I find my choice is different if I cruise with my kids, my mother, myself, or with hubby. We have cruised NCL once and are doing it again soon, but we prefer RCCL for sure. However, I want to cruise this month, last minute, and RCCL is booked so I am jumping to NCL because it is conveniently going from and to where I want to cruise.