Cruise Lines for Greenland

I am looking for feedback on who has successfully been to Greenland on a mainstream cruise line. I don't want to spend the money on a long, expensive expedition ship. I've seen that most NCL and Carnival port calls in Greenland get canceled. I've been to Iceland before so don't want to end up with just an Iceland cruise. I see that Princess has a couple of Greenland cruises, but don't know how successful they are in reaching port. And what about HAL and Viking? Others? Looking for June or July 2026.

Was there on HAL in July 2022. Fantastic cruise.

The issue with missing ports is all about the icebergs...doubt it has anything to do with the cruise line, in any way, shape or form. If you want to increase your chances of getting there, go in later July or into August.

Remember, Mother Nature always has the final say, and no Captain is going to put their expensive ship and thousands of passengers and crew at risk. We all know how that can turn out. If you have any questions, Google search "Titanic" .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Looking for June or July 2026

Absolutely agree with CruiserBruce.

Too early and you risk too much unmelted ice as has happened this season.   And  Prins Christian Sund was non navigable for the same reason until a few days ago.  This should give you thoughts about dates, especially post #17.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3018969-prinz-christian-sound-ice/#comment-67712813

We also successfully  transitted PKS and visited Greenlandic ports with HAL on not one but two occasions.😀 so HAL could be worthy of consideration.

Have friends currently onboard Volendam hoping to make ports and PKS sometime soon.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1