Private Tour

Raymok

We will be a party of 4 looking for a private tour on January 15th. We would like to tour the island and a beach stop for a photo opportunity only. Our time on the island is short 6 AM to 1 PM... Looking for recommendations?  Thanks   

1 minute ago, Raymok said:

We will be a party of 4 looking for a private tour on January 15th. We would like to tour the island and a beach stop for a photo opportunity only. Our time on the island is short 6 AM to 1 PM... Looking for recommendations?  Thanks   

Sorry duplicate post

from a recent thread -

For Island tours you have a couple great options. Tortola is the most beautiful island in the group, in our opinion, and an island tour (with a nice beach stop) is a great idea…

You can just hop one of the shared safari taxis that provide various island tours, you will see them identified, or you can ask the nice ladies at the information area for guidance. 
The typical tours include spectacular views and photo ops from high up, and some interesting highlights. Other longer tours include a beach stop, typically Cane Garden Bay which you can read about in the Gorgeous Beaches of the BVI post.

A private tour gives you a much nicer experience and you can choose your itinerary with help from the driver. The people of Tortola are wonderful, and meeting locals off the beaten path just give a much more personal experience…Just gives you the opportunity to stop at a less crowded beach, or see areas your fellow passengers will not. You’d have more to share at dinner! 😉

If interested in the latter, AC’s Taxi would be our choice.
http://www.info-res.com/actaxibvi/

19 hours ago, blue_water said:

from a recent thread -

For Island tours you have a couple great options. Tortola is the most beautiful island in the group, in our opinion, and an island tour (with a nice beach stop) is a great idea…

You can just hop one of the shared safari taxis that provide various island tours, you will see them identified, or you can ask the nice ladies at the information area for guidance. 
The typical tours include spectacular views and photo ops from high up, and some interesting highlights. Other longer tours include a beach stop, typically Cane Garden Bay which you can read about in the Gorgeous Beaches of the BVI post.

A private tour gives you a much nicer experience and you can choose your itinerary with help from the driver. The people of Tortola are wonderful, and meeting locals off the beaten path just give a much more personal experience…Just gives you the opportunity to stop at a less crowded beach, or see areas your fellow passengers will not. You’d have more to share at dinner! 😉

If interested in the latter, AC’s Taxi would be our choice.
http://www.info-res.com/actaxibvi/

Thanks... I've tried to contact AC Taxi by Text and email, but I haven't received a reply. Do you have any other tour operator suggestions?  

4 hours ago, Raymok said:

Thanks... I've tried to contact AC Taxi by Text and email, but I haven't received a reply. Do you have any other tour operator suggestions?  

Not really, Stout’s is an option but we’ve not used them and their prices look high…

You can just hire a taxi driver for a private or shared tour upon arrival. They include a photo op and a stop at CGB if desired. Talk to the taxi coordinator or the ladies at the info center.

I would always call any tour outfit or vendor…

10 hours ago, Raymok said:

We had the same problem so their lack of response doesn't instill confidence in the company.  We're going to arrange something on arrival.  Here is a link for the government regulated taxi rates:  https://bvi.gov.vg/sites/default/files/si_no_106_of_2022-road_traffic_passenger_fares_amendment_regulations_2022_1.pdf

Posted (edited)

Yes I’ve shared the revised taxi fares in other threads, for others following this keep in mind these are cruise port fares only.

I don’t understand why no reply from Arnold as he has many loyal repeat guests, both cruisers and landlubbers….I hope they are all ok…
But I also don’t understand why you never called before posting?

(284)340-0550

Edited by blue_water

5 hours ago, blue_water said:

Yes I’ve shared the revised taxi fares in other threads, for others following this keep in mind these are cruise port fares only.

I don’t understand why no reply from Arnold as he has many loyal repeat guests, both cruisers and landlubbers….I hope they are all ok…
But I also don’t understand why you never called before posting?

(284)340-0550

It's not worth the long distance charges!  Also, if a company doesn't respond to requests, it's not up to potential customers to chase them down.  It's also not inappropriate to post my experience without calling BEFORE I post.  Since you are so concerned, maybe YOU could give them a call.  😂

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Senga said:

It's not worth the long distance charges!  Also, if a company doesn't respond to requests, it's not up to potential customers to chase them down.  It's also not inappropriate to post my experience without calling BEFORE I post.  Since you are so concerned, maybe YOU could give them a call.  😂

When it comes to email, I’ve found that many vendors are on island time-it sometimes takes a week or more. I use WhatsApp and avoid any international calling costs. Plus, you can text on that too. Most in the BVI use it. Even then, texting can still be slow, as vendors get busy and are often occupied with other customers.

2 hours ago, Senga said:

WOW…Nice attitude! 🙉

And yes, you should not complain on public forums if you can’t afford to make a damn call. 👍

Fl yes, that’s my typical reply, in this case it’s been longer, and I was trying to help, yet our @Senga didn’t want to call, too expensive, which is fine; or WhatsApp, which he/she may not be familiar with.

I’m not excusing the lack of response, just the typical inexperience with traveling…

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2024 at 9:12 AM, Raymok said:

@Raymok Just to reiterate, if AC and Stouts do not work out, and no other options are offered here, you will be able to find a private tour guide, as well as several shared island tours upon arrival. It is a great option as Tortola is a beautiful island!

Per the revised schedule, the shared safari tour price is much lower than a private tour of course…e.g. $70 shared, vs $220 for a 4-hour private tour for two people. The shared options will include photo ops from various locations, and most will include a stop in Cane Garden Bay, just look for that option. If you want to spend more time at the beach you can just take another private taxi back to the dock for $12/pp, or private for $16/pp…

So no worries, you will have options! 😄

If a reserved tour is important, you can pose that question on the BVI forum on TTOL (traveltalkonline.com) and the Tortola forum on TripAdvisor…

Edited by blue_water
  • Thanks 1