VV Partner Hotels - Barcelona

metla

Has anyone stayed at and/or have an opinion on the partner hotels that VV offers in Barcelona?  Price?  Shuttles? Location?  Hotel Ratings?

The website has The One Barcelona and Sir Victor Barcelona.  It says "5 Stars" but just wanted to see if any CC partners could weigh in.

Thanks!

My experience with hotels in Europe booked thru the cruise line is that they cost MORE with that type of booking than I can get by booking them independently, while in the US it is the opposite--that booking thru the cruise line gets you  a discount.  On both sides of the pond, they tend to be very nice and quite expensive.  I've never really been able to understand what booking thru the cruise line gets me unless the line arranges transportation from that hotel to the terminal.

The only thing I know is that the Sir Victor is a Mariott,

Barcelona is home to a wide variety of great hotels,most at better prices than what I'm seeing for these two properties. Is there any particular reason/advantage why you want to book your hotels via Virgin?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric&Pam said:

Barcelona is home to a wide variety of great hotels,most at better prices than what I'm seeing for these two properties. Is there any particular reason/advantage why you want to book your hotels via Virgin?

Yeah, I was trying to not say that we get a very reasonable hotel for half the cost of these!  But OP may be looking for luxury rather than the clean, neat, safe, good wifi that we want.

3 hours ago, Eric&Pam said:

There are plenty of luxury hotels besides those two.

And there is the World Trade Center Hotel right by the port.  Pricey but very nice and convenient.

13 hours ago, Eric&Pam said:

Just curious and it would be a convenience factor if they were true "Partners" and provided a representative (concierge) on the day of embarkation / and transportation directly from the hotel to the ship.  I am a Hilton Diamond Member so I've been around the block with that chain, just wondering about these 2 properties.  

2 minutes ago, metla said:

Just curious and it would be a convenience factor if they were true "Partners" and provided a representative (concierge) on the day of embarkation / and transportation directly from the hotel to the ship.

Currently transfers are not included when you book hotels via Virgin.

Room upgrades are not possible either.