Would like restaurant recommendations for London

We wonder if any of you have a few restaurant recommendation for us near the May Fair Hotel in London.  We will be on our 3-day pre-cruise before our British Isles cruise on Splendor in September.  The days are pretty packed but we will be on our own for dinners. We'd like nice restaurants but not overly formal since I think we'll be tired after a long day. But we still like to eat!

Also, if you'd like to give us a hint about what kind of weather to expect (Sept 22-Oct 4) that would be great too!  Would certainly help with packing choices.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, puzzlegirl said:

a hint about what kind of weather to expect (Sept 22-Oct 4)

Check again on 21 September.  Those who live in places with a predicable climate can struggle to grasp how changeable and unpredictable British weather is.  No one knows what it'll be a week ahead let alone a month.  Any long range forecast you see has a low probability of accuracy.  You need layers.  The good news, on average it's a lower rain month.  (But no guarantee!)

• Haha 1

Also recommend 45 Jermyn Street, on the rear corner of Fortnum and Mason.  Good, reliable cooking, served elegantly in non-stuffy atmosphere.  One of our favourites.  45 Jermyn St.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Island2Dweller said:

Check again on 21 September. 

Thanks, Gilly.  I should have said we leave on 9/18. Actually, I do understand changing climates somewhat, as we live in the SF Bay area and it can be beautiful in the 70's one day and 90+ (F of course!) the next.  I was told on my last cruise by someone from England that it would be very cold in late Sept.  I said "Very cold, or just cool?" and she said "Very cold!"  Yet when I read the average temps for Sept it says 70's, which seems nice.  I do understand it can always rain (something we would love to have at the moment!) and I think it will be windy in Scotland and far north, like at the Shetland and Orkney Islands.  But we're looking forward to it!  Thanks.

Edited by puzzlegirl
mistake

On 8/1/2024 at 9:23 PM, puzzlegirl said:

We will be on our 3-day pre-cruise before our British Isles cruise on Splendor in September.

Come on over and join the roll call for your cruise.  We're in dire need of more participants.