Sail in 1 day and no cabin yet!

jansarts

In all the 25 + years I've cruised I always have picked my cabin at booking. We decided to add my grandson (he's 15) as a surprise a month ago, with his own cabin , we sail on Sunday and he has no cabin, when I call I'm told "don't worry" I can't check him in because the website says " because he's a minor you cannot access this reservation" He still has no idea he's coming,I don't want to spoil the surprise until we arrive at the port..  My question is, has anyone not gotten a cabin until they arrive at the port???

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, jansarts said:

In all the 25 + years I've cruised I always have picked my cabin at booking. We decided to add my grandson (he's 15) as a surprise a month ago, with his own cabin , we sail on Sunday and he has no cabin, when I call I'm told "don't worry" I can't check him in because the website says " because he's a minor you cannot access this reservation" He still has no idea he's coming,I don't want to spoil the surprise until we arrive at the port..  My question is, has anyone not gotten a cabin until they arrive at the port???

I don’t believe anyone under 21 can be assigned a cabin on their own. When you booked, they should’ve had you put at least one adult on the reservation for that cabin. Hopefully when you get to the port, they will have two cabins under your name and he can use one once you have checked in. 

Edited by JT1962

Yes Either his Mom or I will share his cabin. Which ever one is bigger. The Agent suggested we get a second cabin, We were just going to add him to our cabin. The price difference was so small we decided to get the second cabin. more storage, and a second bathroom always a good thing.

• Like 1

But whose name is on that 2nd cabin as pax 1 is the point. Anyone can sleep in any cabin, but at time of booking, a minor can't be in a cabin on their own. So you would need to be booked as pax 1 on one cabin and his mom would be pax 1 on the other, then he would be pax 2 on either one of them. Once onboard, you can all sleep wherever you choose. I would strongly suggest you call and stay on the phone until you get it sorted out or there may be some disappointment at the port.

If you booked with a TA, you'll need to get them involved.

I wish you the best and hope you all have a great cruise.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2024 at 7:50 PM, jansarts said:

Any update on this issue? Did you have two cabins assigned once you arrived at the port? 

• Like 2