Possible first time on Silversea - how casual / formal should I expect?

MarkWiltonM

On 8/6/2024 at 2:44 AM, Sololux said:

Many years ago we tried to do casual on SS.  We thought we had it organised by pre booking a table in La terrazzo for the formal night as it was made clear on the program that formal wear was only obligatory in the main dining room.  OH was wearing shirt with no jacket or tie.  However, everyone else was in full formal outfits. 

Many years ago, most people dressed formally on formal night, regardless. The official dress code for La Terrazza on formal night would have been informal, which would have required a jacket but not a tie.

i also think there was a time when it was the indoor areas of the ship that were formal not just the main dining room.

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2024 at 1:32 AM, jmalux said:

With formal nights now being optional, you only need to comply with the elegant casual dress code, which should be very easy.

image.thumb.png.8980776205d68cc4d884dbb278e52200.png

Thank you for posting this. And the cruise line itself is not clear in its expectations, since "Elegant Casual" states, "A jacket is optional," yet "Formal Optional" states that "as jacket is still required in all indoor spaces."

I suppose that interpreting this means:

(1) I can choose to dress Elegant Causal every night, without a jacket, except on Formal Optional nights.

(2) On Formal Optional nights, if I choose to remain Elegant Casual and choose not to wear men's formal attire (aka tuxedo, etc.), I must at least wear sports jacket.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Edited by njguy_south

On 8/7/2024 at 11:05 AM, jjs217 said:

Easy-peasy.  Read and follow the dress code guidelines and you will be fine.

Where can I find the dress code guidelines?   Couldn't find them on their website. I'm on the Silver Ray at the end of October.

1 hour ago, jackie729 said:

Where can I find the dress code guidelines?   Couldn't find them on their website. I'm on the Silver Ray at the end of October.

jmalux (above) got it right.

• Like 1