Rum Point to Stingray City?

Melismass1

Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a jeep and drive to Rum Point then take a short excursion from there to Stingray City? Is it possible to rent a jetski and go to Stngray City on your own?

We are definately going to rent a jeep and drive to Rum Point on our own, but I have heard so much about Stngray City that I just can't miss it. I would love to drive to Rum Point and take a very short excursion to the stingrays, then return to Rum Point and have the rest of the day to spend on the beach.

This is exactly what we are doing in August. We have jeeps reserved with Andy's ($41/day), driving to Rum Point, enjoying the beach and activities, and those who want will take the trip to Stingray City. The contact at Rum Point is Tortuga Divers, http://www.tortugadivers.com. I received a response from Wendy and they do take reservations for the stingray tours. It will be a great day.

Thanks CCCole! I contacted Wendy and she said there is a glassbottom boat leaving from Rum Point to Stingray City. Its only about a 1 1/2 hour trip, which works out perfectly for our plans. I had asked about taking a jetski out there and they said it was too far. Wouldn't that have been great though? Thanks again for your help! It will be a great day!

Jet Skis and Stingrays...

Not such a good combination. There is a real concern with jet skis operating in such close proximity to people who are in the water. It is probably safer all-around to not have jet skis winding through the people standing on the Sandbar.

Enjoy your trip, and your visit to Rum Point.

This is exactly what we are doing in August. We have jeeps reserved with Andy's ($41/day), driving to Rum Point, enjoying the beach and activities, and those who want will take the trip to Stingray City. The contact at Rum Point is Tortuga Divers, www.tortugadivers.com. I received a response from Wendy and they do take reservations for the stingray tours. It will be a great day.

How do I contact Andy to reserve my jeep? Do you know how many passengers they allow in each jeep?

Thanks!

Ninthof10

Archived