Sailing up eastern seaboard in April

I prefer cruises with lots of sea days so am always on the lookout. There are a couple of Jewel repositioning cruises in '25 & '26 that leave the Caribbean and go up the eastern seaboard, ending in either Philly or Boston around the second week of April, that have 2 or 3 sea days at the end. 

Anybody ever been on a cruise in early-mid April up the eastern seaboard?  Was it too cold to be out on deck once you got north of the Carolinas (without long johns on)?  

Karen

We did a repositioning cruise on the Epic in April 2023 from San Juan to NYC. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would do another. Loved paying for one-way airfare, enjoying the Caribbean weather, and returning to our home city. It obviously does get chillier as you get further north, but I was in my bathrobe on our balcony drinking coffee as we sailed under the Verrazano. You'll probably have had plenty of sun by the last leg of the cruise. Go for it. Weather is unpredictable. We've sailed from NYC in early December when it was close to 70° at sailaway.

Thanks.  Haven't booked yet since the price for a solo balcony is ridiculous.  Normally, I'd book a studio and hopefully get a Vibe pass but can't do either on the Jewel.

Have sailed from NYC many times, different times of year.  

April is a real toss-up!  And the difference from Boston to Philadelphia is fairly big.  You can count on the second day being comfortable, but the first and last days may be chilly.

And you can never know if a storm will make it rainy or the waves rough. That isn't seasonal... just random. I've seen it stormy and rough in June and calm in January.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KarenRB said:

I prefer cruises with lots of sea days so am always on the lookout. There are a couple of Jewel repositioning cruises in '25 & '26 that leave the Caribbean and go up the eastern seaboard, ending in either Philly or Boston around the second week of April, that have 2 or 3 sea days at the end. 

Anybody ever been on a cruise in early-mid April up the eastern seaboard?  Was it too cold to be out on deck once you got north of the Carolinas (without long johns on)?  

Karen

That time of year sea temps will dictate the temps, heck even in June they will. We left Boston on June 28th on the Gem. It was a gorgeous 82F. Sailaway was nice for about 30 minutes, then the sea temps of (50f) kicked in and it was pretty cool on deck