Vancouver BC excursion question?

We are sailing on Princess Sapphire and disembarking in Vancouver. Princess offers a hop on hop off city Bus tour with cruise port pick 

up & airport transport included..(by train)  we have a very late flight so it seemed like a great idea they would transfer our luggage and we could pick it up at the airport.. I just have read reviews and they are not very good. I was wondering if anybody has done these tours or if they have a better suggestion on what to do once we arrive in Vancouver. 

9 hours ago, Duffys wife 1957 said:

We are sailing on Princess Sapphire and disembarking in Vancouver. Princess offers a hop on hop off city Bus tour with cruise port pick 

up & airport transport included..(by train)  we have a very late flight so it seemed like a great idea they would transfer our luggage and we could pick it up at the airport.. I just have read reviews and they are not very good. I was wondering if anybody has done these tours or if they have a better suggestion on what to do once we arrive in Vancouver. 

Hello @Duffys wife 1957 and welcome back to Cruise Critic and the message boards! I see it has been a while since you have posted.

Thank you for your new thread, however it was off topic where posted. To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the North American Homeports - West Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles in this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies such as this one. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

The cruise port at Canada Place in Vancouver is a pretty good launching point for various sightseeing options (better so if the weather is nice) if you are ok storaging your luggage for a few dollars.  

Just outside of the cruise port is a stop for the HoHo companies that will take you to most of the key attractions around the downtown core and vicinity.  Not sure if you need to do a post cruise excursion through Princess unless they provide the added value of managing your luggage and delivering it to the airport.  

Also right in front is free shuttle bus transportation to some of the attractions further out on the north shore.  The steep ticket prices for the attractions basically subsidize the shuttles.

It's also a fairly enjoyable walk from Canada Place along the seawall to Stanley Park if the weather is nice.  The downtown core overall is also quite walkable (apart from the odd sketchy parts).  

We had a great day with Lawrence Tours Ltd in Vancouver last Spring. Michael is a fantastic, knowledgable tour guide who told us everything we needed to know about Vancouver. We did a wine tasting tour but you can customize it to what you'd like. You'd be able to store your luggage into the back of his van for safe keeping for the day.